User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Apr-15 09:39:58
Print Post

Re: I've bit the bullet.

[re: Pauli1] [link to this post]

If there are currently not many users on your cabinet you speed could drop as more are connected and cross talk increases. What were the impacted speeds given by the BT availability checker?

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User Pauli1
(learned) Tue 28-Apr-15 10:14:20
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
If there are currently not many users on your cabinet you speed could drop as more are connected and cross talk increases. What were the impacted speeds given by the BT availability checker?

61.9/12.2

Getting 75/19.9 at the moment. I'm only about 150 yards from the cab.
Standard User Adrian
(experienced) Tue 28-Apr-15 10:29:15
Print Post

I'm about the same distance from my cabinet and seeing similar speeds. I know a few more people are supposed to be on it but I've not noticed any significant variation, sync speed is the same.

In my case it is possible they aren't putting anyone else on it at the moment as it is a replacement cabinet, the original having been demolished by a wayward car, and it runs only on batteries until the mains is reconnected. BT come out twice a day, even on Sundays, to replace them which results in about a 10-15 broadband outage each time.

I was the first person on the cabinet, for just two days before the accident and I am only got back on it after two weeks due to the kindness of a couple of BT engineers who were doing unrelated work in the adjacent phone cabinet. They figured out which pair was mine and just reconnected the jumpers to the fibre cabinet.

Adrian

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Apr-15 10:36:40
Print Post

[re: Adrian] [link to this post]

Had you seen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBMoR1NMwVg ? (you'll see the relevance when you get to about 2:25)

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User Adrian
(experienced) Tue 28-Apr-15 10:46:20
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Had you seen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBMoR1NMwVg ? (you'll see the relevance when you get to about 2:25)

I love it! It's only inaccurate in that I am an IDNet customer and their support has been first class, keeping pressure on BT OR and keeping me regularly updated. I know, as a former customer, that AAISP would have been just as good. I was just fortunate that my chat with the BT OR engineers that day was with two very obliging guys.

Adrian

Edited by Adrian (Tue 28-Apr-15 10:49:22)

Standard User AAuser27
(regular) Tue 28-Apr-15 16:05:10
Print Post

[re: dave2150] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dave2150:
Hope your happy with your connection.

A&A appear to be a very good choice for those super light bandwidth home users, or businesses who want added reliability.

I average around 300-400GB per month, which would end up costing me £150-200 on A&A, thanks but no thanks!

I chose Sky FTTC (£20/month) for a completely unlimited connection, and I'm able to max out my line any time of the day.

£100 actually but see your point smile
Standard User AAuser27
(regular) Tue 28-Apr-15 16:05:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by Pauli1:
I wouldn't call my usage super lightweight. I signed up for 200gb per month at £45. As Andrew says above, its £55 for 300gb. You must be looking at the old tariffs.

I am hitting about 20GB a month and I am struggling to get any more through so I might well drop down to 100GB but I am on ADSL still
Standard User AAuser27
(regular) Tue 28-Apr-15 16:08:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by Pauli1:

61.9/12.2

Getting 75/19.9 at the moment. I'm only about 150 yards from the cab.

ooooh good same for me and I am about the same distance (cab is at the other end of the street)

http://prntscr.com/6z625k
Standard User Pauli1
(learned) Thu 30-Apr-15 11:05:08
Print Post

[re: AAuser27] [link to this post]

3 days in and getting a rock solid 74-76mb down/ 17-18.2 up. Even better, I had the whole thing set up in minutes with my own Apple Airport extreme and had no call to ring or contact AA at any time.

Latency seems high at 30ms. Has never really moved in to single figures yet.

Delighted so far. I live in a largish house, and had 3 extenders plugged in with my old line to get a signal in the bedrooms, kitchen and out to the back garden area.

I have now unplugged these as the signal actually seems stronger and I am getting 45/18 via wifi on my iPad and iPhone at the furthest bedroom.

Even way out in to the garden I am getting high 30's.
I forgot what it was like to download a 1080p movie in 3 minutes, or do a google street view search like lightning. Fabulous. I'll need to throttle back though, Ive used over 50gig in 3 days of a 200g allowance. smile

Edited by Pauli1 (Thu 30-Apr-15 17:50:29)

Standard User AAuser27
(regular) Thu 30-Apr-15 12:55:36
Print Post

Sounds brill wink

I won't be going with AA for FTTC for a few reasons but I am glad to see it's working for you smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to