User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Lambrettaday
(learned) Thu 11-Jun-15 16:01:53
Print Post

Re: I've bit the bullet.

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

One bad customer service operative doesn't make a bad company but how many other customer service operatives at AAISP are like the one I got? Before anyone signs up with them I suggest they have a long conversation on the phone asking many questions to see if they are going to get a good attitude or patronising one. I for one would never even consider joining them again.

Raymond.
ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Fri 12-Jun-15 08:51:09
Print Post

[re: Lambrettaday] [link to this post]

This is very concerning and not at all what I would expect from our staff. I am very sorry for this. I would like to get to the bottom of this and review the call. I you don't mind, I'll PM you for a bit more information so that I can get some more details.

Andrew (Manager)

Andrew Hearn
AAISP Technical Support
aa.net.uk [email protected] 03333 400 999
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User flippery
(experienced) Fri 12-Jun-15 09:11:07
Print Post

[re: andrewhearn] [link to this post]

Good to see an ISP looking at complaints from this site

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 12-Jun-15 11:45:37
Print Post

Not currently a customer, but when I was with yourselves a couple of years back, something happened with my line during the laying of some flooring. It went dead - no dial tone, nothing.

I called you guys and spoke with someone (I forget his name) and I must say, whilst I found the interaction brief with no time wasting of reading scripts (as many customer service staff are trained to do), I did find the individual presumptuous and curt. Presumptuous in the sense that he presumed I hadn't done any of the required line checks before calling in and that it was most likely fault of my own equipment.

Except it wasn't. And I knew it wasn't. I can only presume that when he then decided to check my line on your systems (the BQM monitor etc) and saw all red, he then knew that this was something more serious.

It is of my opinion that the tone of the individual I spoke was slightly condescending, in the sense that he seemed to hold an attitude of superiority (in terms of knowledge) over me. If I was not so technically minded myself, I can see how more non-technically minded customers may have a problem with this tone of interaction.

I didn't make a fuss about it as I didn't see it as a problem. He did his job, raised a fault with BT, engineer was on site within 4 hours and issue fixed.

But AA must realise that not everyone is technically adept as their employees are, and people skills, especially in a customer facing front line role such as customer services, are paramount. Most people don't take kindly to this tone of interaction, and Raymond clearly is one of those people.

Just saying.

Zen Unlimited Fibre | IPv6 via HE | » Automated Hourly HTTPx5 TBB Speed Tests «
Previous ISPs » aaisp.net (40/10Mb FTTC) | Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable) | Be* Un Limited (ADSL2+) | Zen (ADSL)
Download Maximiser | BIND GeoDNS | Are you being blÝcked?
(learned) Fri 12-Jun-15 12:23:55
Print Post

[re: mixt] [link to this post]

The difference with my contact with this individual is that I never got any chance to further my inquiries because he chopped of any reponse I was about to make. The word listen wasn't in his vocabulary. I wanted to sign up there and then with AAISP but I needed a couple of questions answered, I didn't get any answers all I got was his own brand of insolence. I did try a couple of times to get him to answer my questions but I think he had his own agenda. I signed up elsewhere but it was really AAISP I wanted to sign up with. Ah well can't have everything. One of the questions I wanted an answer for was about a router. He went into a spin about I would have to use wireless only as they (AAISP?) wouldn't be responsible for the wiring in my house!!!!

Raymond.
(learned) Fri 12-Jun-15 12:27:03
Print Post

Hello andrewhearn. I have tried to PM you but the message I get is you are not accepting PMs. If you still want info then please contact me again and let me know when you are accepting PMs.

Raymond.
ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Sat 13-Jun-15 22:03:31
Print Post

[re: Lambrettaday] [link to this post]

Hi, I've found the PM setting on this forum, I've enabled PMs. Many thanks.

Andrew Hearn
AAISP Technical Support
aa.net.uk [email protected] 03333 400 999

Edited by andrewhearn (Sat 13-Jun-15 22:05:30)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User clivers
(newbie) Sat 13-Jun-15 22:12:51
Print Post

Im pretty sure ive encountered this member of staff as well in the past.
Standard User blueacid
(committed) Thu 18-Jun-15 22:09:53
Print Post

[re: clivers] [link to this post]

I suppose once the individual is identified, several of their calls will be reviewed to see what action (training / discipline / marching orders) needs to be taken.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to