User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hypertony
(experienced) Thu 04-Jun-15 16:06:28
Print Post

Re: Pricing

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

I agree with the comments that was posted here.

Time is changing. Data usage is on the up because of social networking, video streaming, etc. Heck, even the kids are using their tablets more!

Data usage has changed a lot compared with just 3-4 years ago.

Currently the Home::1 plan does not suit us (data is too small and price is too high), however I still check back AAISP now and then, hoping to see the price drop and if it does, I will be happy to rejoin as returning customer.

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 07-Jun-15 16:15:03
Print Post

[re: andrewhearn] [link to this post]

Many of the other premium ISPs will be offering IPv6 in the next year or two so this will no longer be a unique selling point, you should be very aware of that. I know you guys have many times more experience in IPv6 but customers will not care about this.

I really like AAISP and while I've not been a customer for that long (about a year) I am currently going to stick around because support and help has always been good and I have no doubt that congestion problems etc would have not been handled properly by other ISPs. You are a great company. For this reason, I am happy to continue to pay the price for a couple of months, however after that I am going to have to evaulate whether I can justify continuing to pay for FTTC 80/20 200GB on Home::1, it is vastly more expensive than any other ISP as far as I am aware.

AAISP Home::1
Standard User mr_flibbles_twin
(committed) Mon 08-Jun-15 00:09:14
Print Post

I too am caught in the young family with iPad situation.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love AAISP's service level and being able to adjust my line settings and monitor line conditions. Service is second to none.

But.

With two children and childcare fees and having to top up usage I too need to move on.

Still with you at the moment but will be moving on soon.

So long AAISP. You are the best, but I can no longer afford you.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User AAuser27
(member) Mon 08-Jun-15 09:17:13
Print Post

I am the same. on ADSL 200GB is ok but personally I hit my limit 3 weeks in and this month I hit the 100GB in a few days. I am migrating out today due to usage and also price but I appreciate that you get what you pay for. AAISP are no slough in the customer care/tech departments as we know.

But I would use 200GB on 80/20 within a day or so.

But as I said before - EoFTTC aside. Should they ever release a sensibly priced unlimited product (after all they can if they want to as everyone else does - and they use BTW initially anyway) then I will return.
Standard User ionic
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 09-Jun-15 10:25:24
Print Post

[re: AAuser27] [link to this post]

f8liure isn't the same - it's ICMP ping from a host outside of the ISP core.
A&As CQM is LCP echo from the LNS i.e. a lower level test within their network - much more valuable IMO

Yes, the pricing sucks and for some office connections I'm upgrading to "fibre" I'll bet getting EoFTTC as the Office::1 package doesn't fit my requirements and the risk of the bill shock for burning through units is too high on FTTC.
Standard User AAuser27
(member) Tue 09-Jun-15 10:29:43
Print Post

[re: ionic] [link to this post]

Good choice - even if it is 4 times the price of FTTC elsewhere.
Standard User ionic
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 10-Jun-15 12:26:19
Print Post

[re: AAuser27] [link to this post]

It's not quite the same service as FTTC though - that's the point.

It's around 1/4 of the price of a traditional Ethernet 20Mbps circuit in the locations I'm looking at.
Standard User hypertony
(experienced) Wed 10-Jun-15 21:24:49
Print Post

Spotted this on RevK's blog...

"Then we have some new stuff which I hope we can start next month - no promises, but it may finally mean some new broadband packages which I am quiet sure some people will like. Just watch this space."

I'm a bit excited about this, actually!

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
Standard User stuorguk
(member) Fri 12-Jun-15 13:46:11
Print Post

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

"Then we have some new stuff which I hope we can start next month - no promises, but it may finally mean some new broadband packages which I am quiet sure some people will like. Just watch this space."

I'm a bit excited about this, actually!

Interesting. We need to find a cheaper solution for daytime use before autumn/winter, so hopefully they can persuade us to stay. Every month we get over-usage e-mails.
Standard User AAuser27
(member) Fri 12-Jun-15 14:45:23
Print Post

[re: ionic] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ionic:
It's not quite the same service as FTTC though - that's the point.

It's around 1/4 of the price of a traditional Ethernet 20Mbps circuit in the locations I'm looking at.

Dressed up anyway you like it's 80/20 FTTC unlimited but delivered via another method. I've been on cabs where there were 3 people on it in total so was never any problems with usage sharing or slowdown.

So it is the same for 4 times the price. It's also upto 20 so if you can only get 12 on FTTC then that's what you'll get. Unless A&A mis told me info on their product.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to