User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-Jul-15 19:58:31
Print Post

Re: BQM Ping Monitor for AAISP

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well I shall remove it, so even less use ..... Sir.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 02-Jul-15 21:41:08
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Ah, when you say Sir, you mean Cur tongue smile.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User rich_jtg
(member) Fri 03-Jul-15 07:13:46
Print Post

Here's my live BQM - Billion 8800NL running latest firmware (2.32e)... spikes ahoy!

Pipex > Zen > Be > iDNet > Freeola > Zen > BT Infinity 1

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Jul-15 10:22:39
Print Post

[re: rich_jtg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rich_jtg:
Here's my live BQM - Billion 8800NL running latest firmware (2.32e)... spikes ahoy!

Returned my 8800NL as even the beta firmware did not cure the 2.5 hour latency spikes as promised. Also, Billion suspect the hardware itself to be faulty, that was the deciding factor for me. Much happier with the TP-Link TD-W9980.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 03-Jul-15 23:44:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by rich_jtg:

My guess is its QoS related somehow, although I guess you guys have QoS disabled, probably internal QoS on the router.

I use a 8800nl but in bridge mode, which isnt affected, however if I enable ipv6 AND QoS on the ac68 it feeds I get weird icmp spikes at intervals also, it only happens if QoS and ipv6 are enabled together in my case,

Plusnet Fibre Unlimited BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User rich_jtg
(member) Sat 04-Jul-15 08:17:24
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

There is currently a QoS bug with the 8800NL... I'll have a go at switching if on and off again (which is apparently the fix!) to see if that helps, thanks.

Pipex > Zen > Be > iDNet > Freeola > Zen > BT Infinity 1
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 04-Jul-15 13:04:11
Print Post

There is talk on the web of switching wireless off being the cure, which makes it half a router.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 04-Jul-15 15:14:31
Print Post

Nope.

A router is a router is a router.

It may or may not be combined with a switch or hub in the same casing, and a WAP may or may not be added into the same casing as those. Additionally, when a modem is also included thus turning it into a modem/router many people use the simple term "router".

I don't think you can have half a router, except when setting up a spoof eBay advert. Two-thirds of one however is a rout. wink

The casing of any such combination is of course five-sixths of the whole piece of equipment.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - BQM
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 04-Jul-15 16:05:22
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Usual load of Jibberish to me Bob - i would take more water with it. Not my fault if switching off wireless cures the regular latency spikes, but I stand by the opinion that doing so leaves you with half what you paid for usable.

Edited by professor973 (Sat 04-Jul-15 16:08:42)

Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 04-Jul-15 17:31:55
Print Post

but I stand by the opinion that doing so leaves you with half what you paid for usable.

True, but nevertheless it is not "half a router" but rather a router without a WAP.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to