User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 22-Oct-15 14:07:51
Print Post

Re: Any news on new packages?

[re: stuorguk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by stuorguk:
I think you guys are pinning your hopes on a cryptic message made months ago, that could mean anything.

It wasn't particularly cryptic and Mark over at ISPreview has also confirmed he expects(as in he knows something we don't) new packages from them sooner rather than later. See this thread - http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/showthread.php/33909...

Edited by Spud2003 (Thu 22-Oct-15 14:10:06)

Standard User stuorguk
(member) Thu 22-Oct-15 14:43:48
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

New packages may not necessarily be replacements for existing ones (i.e lower prices). The last new package, was a new dual line office solution, which is a great product for some, and one that I have recommend to a few of my business clients.
However, I don't generally recommend AAISP any more, except for businesses that use their connection for a dedicated purpose, with known data usage.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 23-Oct-15 10:48:38
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

I dont think its worth waiting either.

aaisp's main business target seems to be providing redundant adsl connections, they dont seem interested in the FTTC market so much, one reasoning for my theory is that they dont even offer talktalk FTTC connections.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 23-Oct-15 11:25:26
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Im surprised they have any home users the price they charge and the download limits they have. Yes their customer service might be great but so do alot of smaller ISPs that are alot more competitive
Standard User stuorguk
(member) Fri 23-Oct-15 12:59:40
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

They fill a niche market very well. Critical business comms (ethernet), and where cost is a factor, low-bandwidth comms using xDSL (Point of sale terminals, data logging, control systems etc).

Their pricing structure is designed to stop data hogs saturating their network, particularly during the day, so that they can provide a quality, assured, service for business.

Nothing wrong with that. Their competitiveness is probably motivated more by their churn rate, than growth. Growth requires more staff, buildings, infrastructure, etc etc.
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 28-Oct-15 19:10:15
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Hit my limit again. Enough is enough now - can't justify paying this amount, time to request MAC, going back to Zen.

AAISP Home::1
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 28-Oct-15 19:16:45
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Pipexer:
time to request MAC
You'll wait a long time. They ceased to exist several months ago.

Link.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59999/14372kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 28-Oct-15 19:18:53)

Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 28-Oct-15 19:18:08
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by Pipexer:
time to request MAC
You'll wait a long time. They ceased to exist several months ago.

Didn't know that actually, oh well even easier it seems...

Shame, I really like AAISP.

AAISP Home::1
Standard User TonyHoyle
(knowledge is power) Sun 01-Nov-15 18:53:15
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

I love AAISP, have been with them for years, but they haven't kept up with increased usage.. between netflix, iplayer and twitch I can hit 500GB easily.

News of the increased allowance package kept me holdng on.. but vague 'we're working on it' noises can't keep me forever so looking at mid november before I'm off (thinking ~2 weeks changeover so finishing at the start of a month so the numbers work well).

Edited by TonyHoyle (Sun 01-Nov-15 18:57:32)

Standard User virginyousuckbad
(newbie) Mon 02-Nov-15 14:27:37
Print Post

[re: TonyHoyle] [link to this post]

You'd Like Zen then.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to