User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User din100
(member) Wed 09-Dec-15 15:49:36
Print Post

Re: Any news on new packages?

[re: TonyHoyle] [link to this post]

I know I'm selfish here but I kind a like AAISP pricing if they keep the same level of service.

I use Zen for BBC iplayers 4od etc which comes to around 200GB/month.

I use AAISP just for remote working for me and Mrs and usage is less than 100GB I get the top speed and If any issue on the line AAISP will sort it out for me on a single email, with out me calling them and chasing for updates every day.

Their pricing is much cheaper than going with "business class ISP" to be fair AAISP home:1 service is far better than other VDSL based business ISPs.

(committed) Mon 21-Dec-15 23:41:56
Print Post

[re: Slaphead] [link to this post]

Bit more news here...

No pricing yet though.

xilo Fibre+ BQM
Standard User stuorguk
(member) Tue 22-Dec-15 13:50:51
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

Interesting. Lets hope they remove those daft daytime rates, and win me back as a small business.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hypertony
(experienced) Tue 22-Dec-15 18:40:35
Print Post

Excellent! As long as the price is very reasonable, I'll be happy to switch back to AAISP as soon as my BT contract ends.

Looking forward to next month for the prices, details, etc.

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
Standard User derekdel
(regular) Thu 24-Dec-15 21:43:24
Print Post

At last......

ZeN Line 1 BQM
ZeN Line 2 BQM
BT Backhaul sucks
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 25-Dec-15 09:25:34
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
It may come as a surprise to you, but I have a device in the corner of my lounge that can receive HD TV direct from Freesat and if I want to watch programs at different times I can record them.
Same here. I have Freesat and Sky. The only time I have to stream anything online is if something has gone and I failed to mark a programme for recording or the EPG let me down. At a guess that means three or four times a year. In a typical month I use about 30GB and I suspect most of that might be TBB speed tests since pretty much all else I do is browse the web and run a personal mail server.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 25-Dec-15 09:39:18
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Spud2003:
Waiting and hoping, but for what? I suppose we might see higher usage allowances, but the pricing is probably still going to be at the high end.hether they want to be or not.
'High end'? Lol. I'm currently paying £37 in total for line rental and unlimited broadband. The latter is with PlusNet and since they fixed the problems earlier in the year I get a steady 67/20 speed 24/7.

The same thing with AAISP would be going on for £60. And all I'd get for that extra cost is an allowance (okay more than I need but it's still an allowance). IPv6 (which is irrelevant) and 24/7 monitoring which I already do through TBB. Oh and a better class of support but then I hardly ever need support anyway.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Tue 29-Dec-15 09:44:52
Print Post

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

Details are up....Link.

A few restrictions and some unavoidable set up charges but basically £60 a month including line rental for 1TB but no calls allowed on the line.
Home use only (Not for business use)

Should be ready to order by the end of January!

xilo Fibre+ BQM
Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Tue 29-Dec-15 10:01:00
Print Post

Actually there is an office option....2TB for £100+Vat with a further 10TB option above that.

xilo Fibre+ BQM
Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Dec-15 11:15:02
Print Post

Thanks!

This is still pricey, but it is a respectable offering from A&A, taking into account who they are. smile

I don't think it's viable enough for me to jump ship though, but will definitely watch how this develops - I like the fact they have gone the route of simply slashing the download speed for overage, until the next billing period, rather than simply cutting you off. Good route to take.

Zen Unlimited Fibre + Native IPv6 (Trial)
Automated Hourly HTTPx6 TBB Speed Tests (3xIPv4+3xIPv6)
Previous ISPs » aaisp.net (40/10Mb FTTC) | Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable) | Be* Un Limited (ADSL2+) | Zen (ADSL)
Download Maximiser | BIND GeoDNS | Are you being blÝcked?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to