User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Dec-15 15:10:14
Print Post

Re: Any news on new packages?

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Exacrly. With broadband you do get what you pay for as your post showed. In sure AAISP are great im not knocking their service in that sense. I just find it hard to sink 60 quid a month for a home broadband package. If this was a business line then thats different but from reading the link its only for home users?

Im guessing AA make quite a nice profit on each line as i doubt it costs them anywhere near 60 quid to supply the service (even with business style support), so can rely on a small userbase to remain profitable. If people want to pay it fair enough thats their chose, but other than a major fault on the line which AA can probably fix quicker than many ISPs i dont see where your money goes
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 30-Dec-15 18:23:45
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

How much are you paying for what? Including line rental and any associated costs?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Dec-15 19:36:54
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I pay 20 quid for unlimited broadband. Line rental is BT at 18 quid or whatever they charge. No costs as don't use landline for calls

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 30-Dec-15 19:50:01
Print Post

Which would buy you FTTC with no contract tie-in if it is available at your cab.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 30-Dec-15 19:59:40
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Or he could save £7 per month by moving the phone to Pulse8.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Dec-15 20:11:50
Print Post

Yea i know need to do it really. Although if i did and moved ISP again, moving an MPF line seems alot harder than migrating an SMPF line
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 30-Dec-15 20:13:58
Print Post

?
My line is WLR3 with Pulse8, with AAISP Home::1 FTTC.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 30-Dec-15 20:14:18)

Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Dec-15 20:36:01
Print Post

Im thinking back to the days of Xilo where they had trouble migrating Talk Talk MPF lines compared to lines that have broadband and phone with different providers. Probably different now

Edited by bobble_bob (Wed 30-Dec-15 20:36:23)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 30-Dec-15 21:04:55
Print Post

I thought you were talking of migrating to MPF, but now I'm not sure as this latest post could be be about migrating away from MBF to SMPF.

Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Dec-15 21:09:48
Print Post

What i meant was if i took broadband and phone with Pulse8 for example i would be on an MPF line (broadband and phone with Talk Talk). According to Xilo before the became Uno there was issues migrating Talk Talk MPF lines to other ISPs.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to