User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 30-Dec-15 21:16:30
Print Post

Re: Any news on new packages?

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

We were at cross purposes then. All I was doing was pointing out a way for you to save £7pm here and now, without migrating your broadband to them.

TalkTalk migration processes seem to be a nightmare, I agree. AIUI you still can't migrate FTTC in at all.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Dec-15 21:24:59
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Things have changed a little...

MPF to MPF ADSL was solved a while ago smile
MPF to MPF FTTC also seems to work just fine.
MPF ADSL to MPF FTTC also seems to work fine.
MPF FTTC to MPF ADSL is not supported at this time.

All the above assumes that you're referring to TTB only (remaining on that network instead of to/from Sky for example).

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0800 520 0345
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 30-Dec-15 22:11:15
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

No smile. I was meaning such as Plusnet phone + FTTC to TTB direct or reseller. So SMPF FTTC to MPF FTTC.

People doing that still seem to have to go first to MPF ADSL2+ then upgrade.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Dec-15 22:48:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
No smile. I was meaning such as Plusnet phone + FTTC to TTB direct or reseller. So SMPF FTTC to MPF FTTC.

People doing that still seem to have to go first to MPF ADSL2+ then upgrade.

I didn't. Was able to move from SMPF FTTC to MPF FTTC. Major interruption was due to Plusnet's systems.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 30-Dec-15 23:30:34
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

With Pulse8, or another reseller?

Whichever, that's good to know.

Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 31-Dec-15 01:22:15
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

This package is still grossly more expensive than the offering from Zen Internet frown

AAISP Home::1
Standard User derekdel
(regular) Thu 31-Dec-15 09:15:42
Print Post

[re: stuorguk] [link to this post]

The £60 a month for a stable resilient line is not that bad in reality and only about £15 more than Zen or 50p a day extra. 50p! Obviously no phone calls

NOT being able to claim VAT back on it is a mistake, as mentioned it barks at the home VAT registered businesses that would gladly pay the extra for the service.

The soho services are great if the end user is running servers but for the self employed that only want to pay that little extra for a steady connection the price point of the soho grade is way beyond eye watering!

Good luck to them and I can see this is a greater offering of usage but with other ISPs offering the same resold product at a lower price it will start to hurt them eventually!

ZeN Line 1 BQM
ZeN Line 2 BQM
BT Backhaul sucks

Edited by derekdel (Thu 31-Dec-15 09:40:35)

Standard User stuorguk
(member) Thu 31-Dec-15 11:31:57
Print Post

[re: derekdel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by derekdel:
The soho services are great if the end user is running servers but for the self employed that only want to pay that little extra for a steady connection the price point of the soho grade is way beyond eye watering!

£24 more than Zen's full unlimited office package. I just cant justify that to my customers. "well you could go with AAISP..... It's only £288 more per year, and they will slow your internet down, if you use too much data... but other than that...."
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 05-Jan-16 20:08:00
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

remember £8 is removed from line rental costs as aaisp havent joined the cash machine line rental bandwagon, so the price difference is a bit masked by that.

--edit--

I see the line rental is inclusive completely so if we compare to the likes of bt, plusnet and co it isnt too bad considering its aaisp.
Of course when compared to pulse8 which is also TTB based and has cheap line rental it doesnt look so good.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4

Edited by Chrysalis (Tue 05-Jan-16 20:19:52)

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Jan-16 23:42:16
Print Post

[re: stuorguk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by stuorguk:
In reply to a post by derekdel:

£24 more than Zen's full unlimited office package. I just cant justify that to my customers. "well you could go with AAISP..... It's only £288 more per year, and they will slow your internet down, if you use too much data... but other than that...."

Normally I would back you up on that but Zen don't seem to be what they where 12 months ago IMO... I had there Office Fibre service that you talk of, it suffered minor congestion issues (via there own network "LLU") and whilst there customer service had a better attitude about speed and latency/packet loss issues they still weren't super hero's at solving it.

Also after they mis-sold the service to us, and acted very arrogantly about wanting to move the service to a new address, trying to say we had no choice but to pay £258 and then pay a further £70+ and enter a new 12 month contract and then continue at £50 per month I reminded them that there was other ISP's in the land.

FYI... to cancel the contract out right it was £288 (funnily enough the difference you mention above)

and when AAISP was told of such charges even they where surprised, and they know there one of the most expensive in the land!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to