User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User stuorguk
(member) Wed 06-Jan-16 01:03:24
Print Post

Re: Any news on new packages?

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
Normally I would back you up on that but Zen don't seem to be what they where 12 months ago IMO... I had there Office Fibre service that you talk of, it suffered minor congestion issues (via there own network "LLU") and whilst there customer service had a better attitude about speed and latency/packet loss issues they still weren't super hero's at solving it.

When openreach are involved, even AAISP can't fix all problems. I had a long running issue, caused by a botched install. OpenReach were 100% at fault, and AAISP kept chasing them to fix it. It took months, and even then I lost my phone number, which I had had for years. Would I have had the same experience with another ISP? Probably. Admittedly, with packet loss issues, I think I would rather be with AAISP.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 06-Jan-16 08:58:33
Print Post

[re: stuorguk] [link to this post]

Yeah these issues where on Zen's backhaul and not an Openreach issue.
ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Mon 01-Feb-16 09:44:45
Print Post

[re: Slaphead] [link to this post]

Hi all, the terabyte service has launched: http://aa.net.uk/broadband-home1-terabyte.html

Andrew Hearn
AAISP Technical Support
aa.net.uk [email protected] 03333 400 999
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ZenUserJP
(committed) Mon 01-Feb-16 16:41:46
Print Post

[re: andrewhearn] [link to this post]

lol

£100 activation even if you have FTTC already?

Jog on.
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 01-Feb-16 16:56:00
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

Agreed. Possibly I am stupid - been called it here often enough, but all I see is a high priced big usage. The bottom line is that it is still only limited resold TTB, which we can buy into elsewhere unlimited, with no contract and good support for peanuts by comparison.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 01-Feb-16 17:48:12
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Including a phone line you can use if you wish.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Slaphead
(learned) Mon 01-Feb-16 19:54:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

No, you can't use the phone line.

"As with our normal Copper Pair services for broadband use, the line is there purely for the broadband and not to allow any sort of telephone service. We can install a new line specially for this service if you wish to keep your existing phone line service with your existing provider."
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 01-Feb-16 20:17:31
Print Post

[re: Slaphead] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
The bottom line is that it is still only limited resold TTB, which we can buy into elsewhere unlimited, with no contract and good support for peanuts by comparison.
"Including a phone line you can use", as opposed to the one you can't on the AAISP inferior, far more expensive, package.
Something I nearly went for instead of Home::1, on that other company's phone line.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 01-Feb-16 20:18:02)

ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Tue 02-Feb-16 11:57:24
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

Yes, the £100 is a bit of a pain, but we hope to have non-engineer install soon, which will be cheaper and also if we get SMPF then it'll be cheaper.

Andrew Hearn
AAISP Technical Support
aa.net.uk [email protected] 03333 400 999
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User ZenUserJP
(committed) Thu 04-Feb-16 12:53:07
Print Post

[re: andrewhearn] [link to this post]

Well when i enquired last week I was told it's £160 to have a line installed and the FTTC activated. And then another £60 for the month - so £240 to get going!?

I have no idea why a BTO engineer working for you should warrant a higher price than anyone else. Seems you've gone from people who want good service to those who have more money than sense.

You've put up a massive wall and in doing so alienated yourself, who is going to pay £240 to get going on a 1TB service when BT will do the lot for £48 a month with unlimited usage and free install?

I thought Talk Talk Wholesale was a cheaper option for ISP's? Have they done a 3 and doubled their prices overnight? Did the person who thought of this new product do it in their sleep?if not I suggest you FIRE them because it's a silly price to ask for

No one has yet said what the cost is if someone migrates, if that is also £100 or £160 then the regulators really do need to take you lot to one said and "ave a word"

Edited by ZenUserJP (Thu 04-Feb-16 12:59:00)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to