User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ZenUserJP
(committed) Thu 04-Feb-16 12:55:51
Print Post

Re: Any news on new packages?

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
Agreed. Possibly I am stupid - been called it here often enough, but all I see is a high priced big usage. The bottom line is that it is still only limited resold TTB, which we can buy into elsewhere unlimited, with no contract and good support for peanuts by comparison.

Yes - and you are on Pulse8 - we've heard this a million times.

I've experienced AA's support, I'd not say I was blown away with it. It's not even 24/7 IIRC so why go for this when a business grade service with the same tools and whistles and 24/7 support is much cheaper and not as limited?

Makes no sense, does AA want to stop selling? Because it sure looks that way!
Standard User ZenUserJP
(committed) Thu 04-Feb-16 12:57:14
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Asking someone for £240 before they even get going just does not make sense to me. I guess the BTO engineer wears a frilly dress and dances a lot whilst painting the NTE5 in gold paint when he comes out for AA?

No? I didn't think so - and yet they charge a stupidly high price!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 04-Feb-16 13:24:43
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

£100 applies whether new line or activation.
£60 for a new line

And then the £60 per month.

As for the regulator, why would they bother? Providers are free to set pricing as they wish, there is no law that says retail prices must be Wholesale cost + 10%.

There is plenty of choice and AAISP has chosen its path, if that does not suit you then other providers exist.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ZenUserJP
(committed) Thu 04-Feb-16 14:41:11
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

They have taken action in the past against rip off termination fees, why not look at rip off start up fees?

I guess you are right - AA want to remove themselves from the competition, and anyone who pays these prices needs certifying. A fool and their money etc. It's not a case of suiting or not, it's a case of limiting choice due to high prices. Not even being given the option is not the same as deciding something is not suitable. is it?

They must be [censored] hot for people to pay that, I mean 24/7 support critical care and an SLA. oh no it's just a resold service and a fancy control panel with a lot of f8lure graphs in it.
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Feb-16 15:37:57
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

I've not mentioned my supplier for ages [censored] . The last time I did was to say I had emails not answered, but you still have to play the man instead of the ball here don't you? - Why not take a pop at Bob who praises Pulse8 every other day?

Edited by professor973 (Thu 04-Feb-16 15:41:48)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 04-Feb-16 15:57:57
Print Post

Is that "Bob" me? wink

If so, what about this post in the thread? Note the last line of the post smile.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Feb-16 16:13:41
Print Post

Yes Bob - Not knocking you, but fed up with folks taking a pop at me re P8 - Especially when I have not mentioned them for a while - Moving to shut them up!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 04-Feb-16 16:40:08
Print Post

They are definitely well worth looking at, and hard to see any drawbacks in the service or CS itself.

The setup fee and resurgent possible need to downgrade to ADSL2+ before migrating to them for FTTC from FTTC, allied to current problems for someone wanting to move from TT Business FTTC (TTB itself not P8) to BT Business Infinity failing since 7 Jan, even with BT Group CEO's office involved are the off-putting things.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-Feb-16 16:53:37
Print Post

I have already downgraded to ADSL2+ to give myself options. As you know was hard to justify even P8 FTTC for the time we spend here, though of course, I am suffering when Windows 10 upgrades and being in the Insider Programme have had three this last week - Build 14257 today. Toying with cheap fibre, or the same as I now have with Uno, which would save the £3 for fixed IP I now pay, far cheaper calls to mobiles (3p) and a control panel that allows me to play. That said and liking being contract free, I may sit as I am at the moment and put up with slow W 10 updates and the poor latency of TTB - Tried everything I can think of to get gaming pages to react faster.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(committed) Thu 04-Feb-16 22:42:51
Print Post

Well to be fair you mentioned them so much over the course of a short time that it got drummed into me who your provider was

If you don't line being associated with something, don't dram on about it!

Man game no, petty tiny person who puts swear words up knowing they would be censored, yes you certainly are!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to