User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Thu 20-Aug-15 15:22:51
Print Post

Re: Any news on new packages?

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

we are all waiting and hoping
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Aug-15 18:20:32
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

Waiting and hoping, but for what? I suppose we might see higher usage allowances, but the pricing is probably still going to be at the high end. If A&A launched something at Zen prices would they even be able to cope with the influx of customers and maintain decent quality support? Perhaps they can only ever be a small, expensive, ISP, whether they want to be or not.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Thu 20-Aug-15 20:50:40
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Spud2003:
Waiting and hoping, but for what? I suppose we might see higher usage allowances, but the pricing is probably still going to be at the high end. If A&A launched something at Zen prices would they even be able to cope with the influx of customers and maintain decent quality support? Perhaps they can only ever be a small, expensive, ISP, whether they want to be or not.

Waiting to see what the new packages are. They might be high up agreed however anything is a step down from the line i am getting with them, which is £180 a month.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User stuorguk
(member) Fri 21-Aug-15 12:33:39
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

We have been a AAISP user for a long time, and always expected to pay a premium, but as time moves on, the allowances have not moved in line of what a typical user requires in 2015. So it's hurting. Particularly daytime rates. Now that Zen has IPV6, we are reluctantly looking at switching. The only thing stopping us from doing it today, is A) we want to make sure users are happy with Zen IPV6, and B) rumors of new AAISP rates.
Standard User lexden16
(member) Fri 21-Aug-15 16:05:33
Print Post

[re: stuorguk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by stuorguk:
The only thing stopping us from doing it today, is A) we want to make sure users are happy with Zen IPV6,

I have had IPv6 with Zen since Monday. My Fritz!Box picked up the connection automatically when IPv6 was ticked. I have had webpage loading issues with Safari 9 (El Capitan OSX beta) - but not with Chrome. Safari issues have been resolved by changing the IPv6 connection in Settings from Automatic to Local Link only. My line has full 80/20 and it has been rock solid now for over a month. I am sure AAISP is a premium service; however, in my opinion, Zen comes very close. No slowdowns, for example, during OSX, Windows 10 roll outs etc.
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Aug-15 18:04:15
Print Post

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

Recently 'RevK' said on Twitter "BT were charging more than they would"!

I thought this was hard to believe so teased him: https://twitter.com/HmmmUK/status/623537796175802368

...he didn't get back to answer the final question, I guess he's still 'checking' tongue

Hope he doesn't block me for bringing this up!!!

Edited by b4dger (Fri 21-Aug-15 18:10:45)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 21-Aug-15 18:37:10
Print Post

[re: b4dger] [link to this post]

Well out of date, but currently showing as £10 + £18 for 40/10 for 12 months, and Sainsbury's voucher. crazy

It doesn't seem to show a "normal" price anywhere obvious. It's also possible the neighbour was upgrading with BT and didn't get the joiner discounts.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Fri 21-Aug-15 23:15:03
Print Post

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

I have Zen but was unable to get IPv6 to work so I left it. It's rock solid 24/7 but I will be moving soon and I hope going back to A&A.

Nothing to do with Zen. I just want my own line.
Standard User Ixel
(member) Sat 22-Aug-15 00:21:01
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

All working fine on IPv6 here via Zen with my Fritz!Box 7490. Initially speeds were terrible via IPv6 but that seems fine now.

I have considered moving to A&A but as some people pointed out, and I agree with, the package allowances aren't in line with average demand. Unless this changes then I may well stick with Zen as I've had no issues with the service for over a year (although I do pay for critical care, the top business FTTC package, so I'd expect an excellent service). I'm keen on A&A particularly from what I hear about their support being superb and the control panel offering some facilities that ISP's don't normally offer and usually are restricted to the ISP's own use (e.g. KBD).

Edited by Ixel (Sat 22-Aug-15 00:21:42)

Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Sat 22-Aug-15 03:36:38
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

yes it is superb support and the control panel is just mental. well I only experienced with on ADSL2.

No problem with Zen, couldn't get IPv6 to work but not a problem. I just want to go back to where I was before
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to