User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Sat 22-Aug-15 08:57:31
Print Post

Re: Any news on new packages?

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

Nothing to announce yet, sorry, but when I get news I'll post here.

Andrew Hearn
AAISP Technical Support
aa.net.uk [email protected] 03333 400 999
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 22-Aug-15 09:26:44
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ZenUserJP:
I have Zen but was unable to get IPv6 to work so I left it. It's rock solid 24/7 but I will be moving soon and I hope going back to A&A.

Nothing to do with Zen. I just want my own line.
Oh dear, that means you'll have to change your username ooo
Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Sat 22-Aug-15 12:11:26
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

lol

Or just not bother posting. either way is easy to sort smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 22-Aug-15 12:57:19
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

True. I haven't seen AAuser27 posting for a while.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(regular) Sat 22-Aug-15 15:04:52
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Me neither. But then again I can't post as someone else so no surprise there.

I was ChaosK on AAISP when I was in the chat room and on my account.
Standard User vimto_girl
(committed) Sun 23-Aug-15 12:21:35
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

AAISP 100GB is more expensive than unlimited BT (40/10 or 80/20) even at full price. BT includes a lot more (phone, calls package, extras like BT Wifi) and has plenty of scope for discounts and deals.

Not a surprise for most people I'd suggest, other than RevK it seems!

Interesting he assumes 100GB and no working phone is what the average user wants, wonder what this holds for any new packages.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Aug-15 12:58:36
Print Post

[re: vimto_girl] [link to this post]

How do you put a value on being able to speak directly to a very knowledgeable support person who speaks clear English and doesn't just work from a script?

I've NEVER gone above 60GB upload and download combined so there's absolutely zero difference between a 100GB allowance and unlimited.

I get sick of people posting on here who think that their usage patterns are typical when often they are far from typical. If AAISP's packages didn't suit a lot of people they would have gone out of business a long time ago.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User vimto_girl
(committed) Sun 23-Aug-15 14:05:34
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

It was RevK who said AAISP is cheaper than BT, and RobertoS who wondered if it might be true, I was just setting the record straight.

I never said AAISP are not worth the extra price or don't have far better support than BT, you've read things into my post that weren't said. I'm a former customer of AAISP so I do have first hand experience and a balanced approach of different needs and values.

I also only said I find it interesting that RevK did not even consider the usage of his neighbour, as a typical user, might exceed 100GB, especially when I think about these future packages. I never said 100GB is not enough for anybody.

In my view, the typical user in 2015 wants unlimited data. 2014 Ofcom data from across providers shows a mean of 91GB usage per month for FTTC users and rising, and about a quarter of users exceed the mean.
Standard User stuorguk
(member) Sun 23-Aug-15 14:13:15
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
I've NEVER gone above 60GB upload and download combined.

Is that 60GB daytime or night-time usage? For a 9-5 business, that's over £100 a month in just in data fees alone with AAISP.

In other words, if you watch Netflix in your 1-hour lunch break, that's £5 in HD, and £11 in UHD.
Standard User stuorguk
(member) Sun 23-Aug-15 14:31:18
Print Post

[re: vimto_girl] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by vimto_girl:
In my view, the typical user in 2015 wants unlimited data. 2014 Ofcom data from across providers shows a mean of 91GB usage per month for FTTC users and rising, and about a quarter of users exceed the mean.

I don't mind being metered on data usage. It probably needs to be, to maintain a quality un-contented connection. But if the pricing doesn't move with the times, then it becomes untenable.

@jelv 60GB is not realistic these days. HD TV eats that up in no time, and more and more 4K video is being released now, which will explode in the next year or so.

Edited by stuorguk (Sun 23-Aug-15 14:35:05)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to