User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 23-Aug-15 22:08:29
Print Post

Re: Any news on new packages?

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I'd also say the mode is highly relevant in a discussion of what "most people want". smile.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User vimto_girl
(committed) Mon 24-Aug-15 00:17:45
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I can confirm Ofcom get data use, sync speed, connection type and postcode for each line, and they do make use of this in their analyses from which approximate values of quantiles can be derived.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 24-Aug-15 10:56:06
Print Post

[re: vimto_girl] [link to this post]

if it isnt cheaper it will be soon.

aaisp's prices have been fairly static for some years, they dont rip you off on line rental either.

meanwhile BT have inflation busting price rises every year sometimes twice a year.

On the 100gig allowance, it can be seen as a bit out of date, but clearly aaisp are getting enough customers with it or else they would have changed it.

AAISP prices are related to their cost, they dont give out retention deals etc., their costs are higher than BT as they dont have the sheer customer count to drag it down and they also use a more expensive way to get backhaul. Of course also they cannot cross subsidize.

Within a couple of years I expect line rental on BT will be double the cost of aaisp.

As for extras on BT they mostly useless, evening calls? (no thanks got a mobile for calls), wifi (in my area I was the only wifi transmitter, at my parents is none there either so useless), BT sport? ok but depends on the customer, cloud space? I did use this, but there is free alternatives such as dropbox and google drive.

Also the average user uses way less than 100gig a month, if they didnt then prices would be higher than what they are now. The likes of BT can sell unlimited at their price point because they have millions of granny type users who use about 100kb a month.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 24-Aug-15 11:43:52
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

The trouble with publishing selective analyses of statistical data, such as "2014 Ofcom data from across providers shows a mean of 91GB usage per month for FTTC users and rising, and about a quarter of users exceed the mean" is that most people associate "the mean" with the mid-point of a Normal distribution.

I'd like to see a graph of the data. I would expect it to be hugely skewed.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 24-Aug-15 11:47:02)

Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Wed 26-Aug-15 09:42:48
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
How do you put a value on being able to speak directly to a very knowledgeable support person who speaks clear English and doesn't just work from a script?

I've NEVER gone above 60GB upload and download combined so there's absolutely zero difference between a 100GB allowance and unlimited.

I get sick of people posting on here who think that their usage patterns are typical when often they are far from typical. If AAISP's packages didn't suit a lot of people they would have gone out of business a long time ago.

You get that from other ISP's too you know - Zen for one. and that's £46,99 to answer your question. Something has changed in their churn or something else in order for them to even consider unlimited. The fact that you went to them, a long time Plusnet customer means that they appeal to people who don't want a big allowance but want the QoS - AAISP once said to me, and the guy was right " you know an ISP's worth when something goes wrong."

I use TB's a month and I am moving back to AAISP but getting a more expensive business solution. So I am not in any way against anything that AAISP stand for - in fact their ethos always has and always will sit very nicely with me. I had ADSL with a Copper pair which suited me fine as I am one of the people who does not use a landline for anything but getting the internet. I have it with Zen and I don't use it - in fact I wish Zen did copper pair only also.

I just wanted to add mainly my first comment

Edited by ZenUserJP (Wed 26-Aug-15 09:47:33)

Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Wed 26-Aug-15 09:50:24
Print Post

[re: stuorguk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by stuorguk:
In reply to a post by jelv:
That's total usage 24x7 for the whole month - i.e. very, very comfortably within the home::1 allowance!

I said business not home. Business rates are different. 100Gb is about £170 per month on data alone.

Anyone looking at that sort of price is better off with EoFTTC which is £150 + VAT a month) for fill your boots over your own dedicated and uncontended line. That's what I am planning to do anyway.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Wed 26-Aug-15 09:51:43
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
The likes of BT can sell unlimited at their price point because they have millions of granny type users who use about 100kb a month.

I wish there was a like button smile
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Aug-15 09:54:44
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

+1

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User hypertony
(experienced) Wed 26-Aug-15 15:18:09
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ZenUserJP:
Anyone looking at that sort of price is better off with EoFTTC which is £150 + VAT a month) for fill your boots over your own dedicated and uncontended line. That's what I am planning to do anyway.

But how much is the installation cost... ?

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Wed 26-Aug-15 21:26:48
Print Post

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

It's £550+VAT but it can be covered by a voucher if you live in the right area.

If not then it might not make sense but it is of course 100% deductible to good if you need to burn off some VAT anyway
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to