User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User barker04
(member) Sat 02-Feb-19 12:49:20
Print Post

AAISP VOIP

[link to this post]

Looking at using AAISP voip service when I cease my broadband and landline with BT - as I want to keep my number and ideally ability to use my landline style dect phones.

I wondered if there are any people on here who use this service already and have recommendations or negatives for it ?

Can it be setup to be used on mobile phones also and to ring numerous devices etc? Also is it possible to ring mobiles and receive calls from(07 numbers) from the service as i couldnt see 07 numbers listed?
Standard User Adrian
(experienced) Sat 02-Feb-19 15:44:13
Print Post

Re: AAISP VOIP

[re: barker04] [link to this post]

Web site says on the home page 07 numbers are included.

Adrian
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Sat 02-Feb-19 16:12:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by barker04:
Can it be setup to be used on mobile phones also and to ring numerous devices etc? Also is it possible to ring mobiles and receive calls from(07 numbers) from the service as i couldnt see 07 numbers listed?

I assume you mean using your AAISP VOIP plan from a smartphone app. Yes, you should be able to do this using a generic app such as Grandstream Wave. I might be wrong but I don't think AAISP offer a native VOIP smartphone app.

My VOIP line is with yay.com, they are probably as good as AAISP but they also offer a native iOS and Android app. Their online portal is superb and offers almost every VOIP feature you can think of. They offer free web seminars 1-2 times a week for newbies as first time customers can find their portal a little daunting at first but once you get the hang of it, its a doddle.

Not many VOIP operators offer their own app (the only other one i can think of is Vonage), if using your VOIP plan on a smartphone is important I would go with a company who have a native app. Generic apps like Grandstream Wave are ok and do the job but they're rather clunky.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2

Edited by baby_frogmella (Sat 02-Feb-19 16:13:03)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lexden16
(committed) Mon 04-Feb-19 13:58:24
Print Post

I have AAISP VOIP. We moved into a new property so there was no requirement to port a landline number. I think in 6 months, I have used it just for 0800 numbers. People calling us have not reported any issues. I can phone in using my 07 mobile number.

As far as equipment is concerned, I am using a Fritz!Box. Set up was 'child's play' even for a pensioner.

I did try Yay but if I recall it was more expensive and I got confused by their portal.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 04-Feb-19 15:00:54
Print Post

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

Why for 0800 numbers?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User lexden16
(committed) Mon 11-Feb-19 09:23:40
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Why for 0800 numbers?

New home with a poor 3/4G mobile connection. Now resolved with a new contract which has wifi calling. Most outgoing calls to family are now via FaceTime. VOIP connection is mainly to allow older family members to call in (not everybody has a mobile phone).
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 07-Mar-19 23:34:37
Print Post

I have a copy of CSipSimple on my Android mobile phone. It can register with AAISP voip.

I think that AAISP voip will ring multiple registered devices which not all voip suppliers do properly.

Michael Chare
Standard User NJSS
(member) Fri 08-Mar-19 10:29:04
Print Post

AAISP VOIP / CSipSimple

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

Sadly development of CSipSimple was abandoned in the last few months of 2017.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSipSimple/url]

AAISP are an excellent ISP though.

NJSS

Standard User xnoruk
(newbie) Fri 08-Mar-19 10:52:36
Print Post

You can port any number in to A&A for £12, then pay £1.20/month.

You can connect a normal landline phone to VoIP using an ATA (Analogue Telephone Adapter) -- I use Grandstream HT801, but found you need an RJ11 -> BT adapter with ring capacitor.

You can receive calls from any number, including mobiles. Outgoing calls to mobiles are 4p/min; they are listed here. If you choose to redirect your 01 / 02 number to your mobile (using A&A web interface), then you will pay the 4p/min to redirect to your mobile and the person calling you will pay their normal rate for dialling a landline.

Yes, you can redirect to multiple numbers at once.

A&A provide SIM2SIP that provides you with a normal SIM card that connects directly to their VoIP platform:

£5 for the SIM
£2/month SIM charge
2p/min to dial out + the normal p/min for outgoing calls (1p - 4p/min for normal numbers)
2p/min to receive calls via the SIM
2p/SMS to send an SMS via the SIM + 7.2p for an outgoing SMS
2p/SMS to receive an SMS
Mobile data is a whopping £24/GB (2.4p/MB)

For personal use, it would probably be cheaper to get a basic SIM card (e.g. Smarty) and make / receive / forward calls & use data via that SIM card.
Standard User NJSS
(member) Fri 08-Mar-19 11:45:20
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

Linphone is an open source softphone with clients for Windows, Mac OSX, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Blackberry & Linux might be worth considering.

It's been recommended, but I have not tried it.

https://www.capterra.com/p/158709/Linphone/

NJSS

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to