User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 16-Mar-21 16:51:27
Print Post

SLATFATF

[link to this post]

The time had come to move on, now I'm no longer working I can't justify the very high cost of AAISP. I'm still prepared to pay a bit more for quality which is why I was only looking at the likes of Zen, iDNET etc. I'm saving about £14 a month.

I found it a little annoying when the allowance for home::1 was increased when a small price reduction with the same allowance would have suited me fine (I've only once exceeded 140GB - usually it's less than 100GB).

AAISP have been superb. They even helped me sort out an issue with my previous Plusnet connection long before I joined them when Plusnet didn't have a clue what the problem was.

jelv

FTTC & Line rental: ZeN from March 2021

Previously: AAISP (November 2016 to March 2021) & Pulse8 line rental
Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 16-Mar-21 18:58:22
Print Post

Re: SLATFATF

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

How about full Pulse8?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
The EU’s multiple failures are due to a deeper malaise .... What malaise? The EU’s formidable immunity to the smallest amount of democracy. New Statesman Feb 2021.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 17-Mar-21 10:28:59
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
How about full Pulse8?
In reference to pulse8broadband.co.uk/faq:
Are you able to provide IPv6 addresses?

At present we are not able to offer IPv6 addresses. We aim to provide as soon as all the major networks have rolled it out.

jelv

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User steve195527
(member) Wed 17-Mar-21 10:46:55
Print Post

I was with Idnet for years and found them superb,both for speed and for service/getting contact with if anything did go wrong,only twice in all the time with them,both times down to the bt network and not idnets ,the only reason I moved was I had sky tv and the cost of that was increased dramatically so sky tv+idnet for my broadband was pretty uneconomical compared to the price that virgin offered for a bigger tv package(including almost every sky channel inc cinema and sports)and on their new intall of fttp in our area.
I would be very surprised if the service from Idnet didnt match the one from AAISP in every way and you'd save a fair amount
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 17-Mar-21 11:07:16
Print Post

[re: steve195527] [link to this post]

As per Jelv's footer, he has just migrated to Zen, so unlikley to be considering IDNet at this point.

I too have had really good service from IDNet and every time I consider migrating to save a few £s, I think why take the risk.
Standard User steve195527
(member) Wed 17-Mar-21 11:11:07
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jaydub:
As per Jelv's footer, he has just migrated to Zen, so unlikley to be considering IDNet at this point.

I too have had really good service from IDNet and every time I consider migrating to save a few £s, I think why take the risk.

I never noticed that,just looked at date and as initial post was yesterday I thought he was still considering where to go:-I should to help the local economy have recommended ZEN as I live in Rochdale! lol
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 17-Mar-21 12:10:08
Print Post

[re: steve195527] [link to this post]

Yep. The OP was easily misread misunderstood. By all of us it seems.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
The EU’s multiple failures are due to a deeper malaise .... What malaise? The EU’s formidable immunity to the smallest amount of democracy. New Statesman Feb 2021.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 17-Mar-21 13:51:04
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Sorry, I assumed (wrongly) that from the topic subject people would realise that I'd actually moved.

jelv

Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 17-Mar-21 13:57:15
Print Post

That probably depends on how much they like fish. laugh
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 17-Mar-21 14:26:00
Print Post

I still haven't a clue what the Subject means. 😥

Edit: And checking for typos in Preview spotted the dolphins.
Edit 2: Probably my subconscious triggered by jaydub.

========================

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 17-Mar-21 14:27:02)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to