Technical Discussion
  >> Audio and Music Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-Dec-20 11:43:18
Print Post

Re: Anakogue audio to USB-C adaptor?

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

I think the one thing missing from Smart ABP that I would appreciate is the ability to view the track/chapter listing within each album/book/folder. But that is more of a Beach Boys than a Michael Jackson feature and I can manage without using the File Manager app if necessary.

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User jabuzzard
(experienced) Thu 24-Dec-20 14:17:51
Print Post

The point of the NFC tags is you can have your phone do all sorts of things. I was just listing some examples.

One of my gribes about Smart Audio Book Player is that every "audiobook" has to be in a folder of its own even when your "audiobook" is a single .m4b file.

Edited by jabuzzard (Thu 24-Dec-20 19:26:12)

Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 24-Dec-20 18:07:20
Print Post

[re: jabuzzard] [link to this post]

It seems for my bugbear that an NFC tag would not be able to Force Stop recalcitrant (I hesitate to say they are misbehaving) apps that don't let go of the BT re-connection auto play event when closed as Android is naturally does not want this to be an automatable process for obvious reasons. But what Android (and iOS too it appears) need to do is pay better attention to what is the current media player when handling the BT re-connecton play event. I have still not found any explanation as to why such a big fat squishy bug has been allowed to thrive for so long.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Dec-20 00:56:26
Print Post

Ah, hah! Just browsing the Help section and found that a Long Press of the previous or next chapter (file) control pops up a list of chapters (files) in the book (folder).

Had a UI / OS update of my Samsung phone today which in the process trashed my Smart ABP saved playpoints. Luckily I more or less knew where I was within each of the four main playlists I am using.

Standard User billford
(elder) Tue 29-Dec-20 09:18:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by gomezz:
Ah, hah! Just browsing the Help section ...
A sign of real desperation, that is tongue

Bill
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Dec-20 15:42:47
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Just Lockdown Loosendery. :/

Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Dec-20 15:56:20
Print Post

Next potential project is replacing my twenty year old AV receiver which has lost its centre channel amp so it is now limping along in four channel stereo mode while I decide if and what to replace it with: Budget, mid-range or something more up-market.

What surprises me is that you can't easily select an alternate audio input from the video input which is something I sometimes do for example to listen to TMS (time-delayed recording on a PVR) while watching the cricket on another source device. Finally figured out that if I use my existing HDMI/optical switch as just as an optical audio switch and use its output as if it were the TV optical audio output then I can select audio and video sources independently.

The other requirement which seems poorly supported is analogue audio line-level output to feed my RF wireless headphones but figured I can bypass any new receiver completely and stick with my manual SCART switch box which splits off an analogue audio feed.

Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 31-Dec-20 20:03:04
Print Post

Ah well! Turning this OS shortcoming to my advantage by being able to play a shortish podcast that will finish before my next stop and means I only have to Pause / Play using the van radio controls to resume playback of the radio programme without having to pull over and manually fiddle with the phone screen.

Standard User billford
(elder) Thu 31-Dec-20 21:54:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by gomezz:
Ah well! Turning this OS shortcoming to my advantage
That's what turns a bug into a feature smile

Bill
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 03-Jan-21 12:28:07
Print Post

Doh! If I close down SABP by using its own Exit command on its menu then it relinquishes control of the auto-play event as a well behaved app should do. Not sure If an app gets the chance to do a tidy closedown if done direct from the home screen to swipe it away. I guess not though other apps seem to do so. Worth raising with the developers?

But now I know I am much happier. smile

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to