Technical Discussion
  >> Audio and Music Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jabuzzard
(experienced) Sun 28-Feb-21 12:26:27
Print Post

Re: Anakogue audio to USB-C adaptor?

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gomezz:
I think this demonstrates that it is actually a fault in the ICE firmware, presumably leading to buffer overflow / memory corruption after many repeated pairings / unpairings and connections / disconnections over several days by several drivers' phones. This kind of usage is not typical in a private car but is common in a fleet vehicle.

Is there no way to power cycle the ICE? Traditionally car radios die when you crank the engine, but you could try pulling a fuse smile Bit less drastic that resetting the ICE.

Also I sometimes find that bluetooth re-connection goes skwiffy after a while requiring a restart of my phone for things to work properly. Then several weeks later it all goes funny again necessitating a restart of the phone.

Edited by jabuzzard (Sun 28-Feb-21 12:28:40)

Standard User mking90031
(regular) Sun 28-Feb-21 18:47:06
Print Post

With these vans my back up is my old PMP and FM transmitter as there is no aux audio input. I don't like leaving my phone hooked up in the van where it is a target for an opportunist sneak thief to break in and take. With the Bluetooth connection and auto-play as I start the van I can just keep the phone in my pocket.

I do also carry a Bluetooth speaker for those occasions I am given a [censored] old van where the radio does not work at all but the sound is not quite as full and cab-filling as I would like

Hi,

You could always get some bluetooth headphones that include a microphone for any phone calls that you might receive.

HTH,

Mark King MCP
www.mark-king-basingstoke.co.uk
Virginmedia M600 794.99 Mbps Down & 36.92 Mbps Up (according to Speed test on XBox 13/12/20)
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 28-Feb-21 22:09:04
Print Post

[re: mking90031] [link to this post]

That is missing the point that I want to play audio and absolutely am not interested in making or receiving phone calls. And if you are not aware, it is not a good idea to wear headphones while driving.

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mking90031
(regular) Sun 28-Feb-21 22:42:42
Print Post

That is missing the point that I want to play audio and absolutely am not interested in making or receiving phone calls. And if you are not aware, it is not a good idea to wear headphones while driving.

Hi,

May I enquire as to why it's not advisable to wear headphones? I can't think of any reasons not to. If you put them on before you start driving and are using them as a hands-free system (even just to listen to some form of audio) then there should be no problems what-so-ever.

Yours,

Mark King MCP
www.mark-king-basingstoke.co.uk
Virginmedia M600 794.99 Mbps Down & 36.92 Mbps Up (according to Speed test on XBox 13/12/20)
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 28-Feb-21 23:01:29
Print Post

[re: mking90031] [link to this post]

Take your pick

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=w...

Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 01-Mar-21 09:18:56
Print Post

[re: jabuzzard] [link to this post]

I have tried restarting my phone to no effect as does stopping and starting the ICE system. As for pulling a fuse on a company vehicle that is beyond my pay grade and don't see how how that is less drastic than just selecting the Reset option. I need to check the settings anyway after taking from another driver to make sure that

EQ settings are how they like them and not set to something ridiculous - many of my colleagues seem to have cloth ears;
Follow me lights setting is turned OFF - Unnecessary for my usage;
Autolock of cab doors and body shutters is turned ON;

So adding time/date settings to be UK Zone with 24 Hour display is no big deal.

Edited by gomezz (Mon 01-Mar-21 09:20:54)

Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Mon 01-Mar-21 12:26:33
Print Post

"Audio devices of any kind can detract from your ability to drive safely on the road and act as a huge distraction for all drivers.10 Feb 2020"

Above from your post.

Concentrating on a pod cast is probably more dangerous than just listening to music.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk, upgraded to fibre 40/10
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 01-Mar-21 20:26:59
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

Which is why I tend to listen to podcasts when parked up at lunchtime or on a gap (not that there is many of those these days) as I want to concentrate on what is being said. Same goes for the type of podcast I listen to while on a walk to those that I treat more as entertaining wallpaper.

Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Tue 02-Mar-21 13:03:00
Print Post

Surely a set of headphones, buds would give better sound quality than van speakers as you are stationary?

Would solve all this grief.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk, upgraded to fibre 40/10
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Mar-21 17:16:39
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

But I am not stationary while I am actually working.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to