Technical Discussion
  >> Audio and Music Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Wed 03-Mar-21 15:39:50
Print Post

Re: Anakogue audio to USB-C adaptor?

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

Eh?

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk, upgraded to fibre 40/10
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 24-Mar-21 20:33:53
Print Post

Been using another useful feature of the SABP app lately which is the excellent implementation of the Sleep Timer to listen to the cricket radio commentary on catch up overnight in half hour chunks. Soporific enough to send me to sleep but don't get to miss too much of the action when I inevitably wake up and restart playback with the Sleep Time resetting itself for another half-hour with no further intervention needed. smile

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 26-Mar-21 11:13:30
Print Post

Found the VRadio app also runs on my old Hudl tablet so using that to record the cricket. However SABP does not run on the Hudl but the Simple Audiobook app does and that too has an easy to use Sleep Timer function. That frees up my main tablet for other, normal use as I have a habit of absent-mindedly closing things down after using the tablet and accidentally stopping a recording in progress so better to leave that to a dedicated device.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 23-Apr-21 10:07:19
Print Post

Another great discovery!

Tried playing classic radio comedies on BBC Sounds while in the work van but the lack of auto rewind or even manual rewind (without going onto the phone itself) to re-establish context proving a real bugbear.

I would normally use get_player to download BBC radio programmes but its archive is limited throwing up only three episodes of Old Harry's Game which is what I am currently trying to catch up on. So, like you do, I Googled to see if there was some other way to download all the series and lo and behold, The Wayback Machine shows me a portal to a whole new world of archive material that I could download and play using SABP! smile

(while I am at it I thought it was time to give the whole of Hitchhiker's Guide a complete relisten which should keep me going for the rest of the year)

Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-May-21 13:02:47
Print Post

One minor, nay trivial, issue with SABP is that it does not display the track/chapter title on the van radio display but only the album/book name. Tried playing around with adding metatags but no joy. I know the van radio / Bluetooth / phone combination is capable of doing this as the Samsung music player app displays this info when playing from my music collection.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to