Thanks so much for your reply!
Yes, packet loss seems to be there both ways. However, it's difficult to get a long term measure of outbound loss, as any online tests I find only last a few seconds. Do you know something comparable to the BQM for outbound measurements were the measurements are taken over 24 hours or so?
I haven't yet had a chance to actually test with the default EE router, but I strongly suspect it will be the same as our problems with VoIP predate the switch to the Archer D2 - however, at that time I didn't know about the BQM.
It is an ADSL service, and I post the statistics below:
. up down
Current Rate(kbps) 1148 5208Max Rate(kbps) 1148 6180
SNR Margin(dB) 5.9 10.7Line Attenuation(dB) 22.4 40.2
Errors(pkts) 3032 10086
I'm not too sure what those error packets refer to, nor what time frame they refer to, which makes them a bit meaningless, but they keep rising ...
I believe we are about a mile from the exchange and from what I gather the stats aren't ideal by any stretch, but they shouldn't on their own be responsible for such a bad line (this is more a question than a statement as I know too little about it ...)
I am actually just out of the contract with EE, so I am thinking about switching, but I'm not too sure if this might be a problem with the copper line, and therefore would be the same even with a new provider ...
I'm going to put in the EE router tonight and see what happens .