General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User alexatkin
(regular) Thu 02-May-19 16:14:13
Print Post

Graph shows 100% Packet loss but ping is fine from elsewhere

[link to this post]

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

It seems since I rebooted my router BQM is no longer working on my Plusnet line, but is fine on the Zen line to the same router.

I checked the firewall rules multiple times and they are the same, can ping my Plusnet line from my VPS and even tried a few websites that ping from around the world, all can ping it fine.

I even tried changing BQM to the domain name thinking it might detect a change and somehow kick it back into action, but no joy.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 02-May-19 18:11:25
Print Post

Re: Graph shows 100% Packet loss but ping is fine from elsew

[re: alexatkin] [link to this post]

Are you sure the BQM is setup with the correct IP address?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User alexatkin
(regular) Thu 02-May-19 18:13:12
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes, I did at first think maybe PlusNet glitched and lost my static IP but I double checked and its fine.

Plus I used the identical IP address to do the test from my VPS and a ping test website which work fine also.

Edited by alexatkin (Thu 02-May-19 18:14:15)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 02-May-19 18:16:09
Print Post

[re: alexatkin] [link to this post]

Reason for asking could not easily spot a BQM running against the IP address you are posting from.

What is your username on the main www site, can then see what BQM(s) you have configured

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User alexatkin
(regular) Fri 03-May-19 20:35:42
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

alexatkinuk

I changed all my BQM to fully qualified domain names which is possibly why you couldn't see the IP addresses easily. Also I'm load balanced across both the Zen and Plusnet connections, so my forum IP could be either at any given moment.
  Print Thread

Jump to