General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User filbert42
(newbie) Sun 26-May-19 21:12:05
Print Post

Lots of red every day at 4pm - Zen, Fritzbox

[link to this post]

Link to BQM

I'm not very knowledgeable about what the graph means but it looks very peculiar to me. The red appears regularly at around 4pm and continues for a few hours, sometimes all night.

I have a Fritzbox 3490 on Zen VDSL (but I'm a mile from the cabinet so I only get around 6MB/s down & 0.2 up). I have a Synology nas and a desktop PC - both permanently switched on. Anything else (laptops & tablets) will only get occasional use. (email, browsing, no one plays games in our household, or streams Netflix, etc).

As you might expect, response on the laptop, etc, can be abysmal in the evening.

Can anyone suggest how I dig into this further?

Edited by filbert42 (Sun 26-May-19 21:39:20)

Standard User Curious_Child
(committed) Sat 01-Jun-19 14:12:18
Print Post

Re: Lots of red every day at 4pm - Zen, Fritzbox

[re: filbert42] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by filbert42:
Link to BQM

I'm not very knowledgeable about what the graph means but it looks very peculiar to me. The red appears regularly at around 4pm and continues for a few hours, sometimes all night.

I have a Fritzbox 3490 on Zen VDSL (but I'm a mile from the cabinet so I only get around 6MB/s down & 0.2 up). I have a Synology nas and a desktop PC - both permanently switched on. Anything else (laptops & tablets) will only get occasional use. (email, browsing, no one plays games in our household, or streams Netflix, etc).

As you might expect, response on the laptop, etc, can be abysmal in the evening.

Can anyone suggest how I dig into this further?

Sorry I can not help with solving it, but can confirm something that looks like that but about 12 hours apart from your reported times.

At least you now know it's probably not just you.

I find that can feel better at times.

Cheers
C C
  Print Thread

Jump to