General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ScratchNsniff
(newbie) Fri 12-Jun-20 09:26:43
Print Post

Odd spikes on a VM connection

[link to this post]

VM claim there is nothing wrong and have left me feeling like I am making the problem up for attention.
If anyone can give me some insight based on my BQM log I would appreciate it

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 12-Jun-20 14:03:26
Print Post

Re: Odd spikes on a VM connection

[re: ScratchNsniff] [link to this post]

Other than spikes that is a very good virgin media graph

What were you doing at the time of the spikes? It could be upload traffic or download saturation

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Fri 12-Jun-20 14:19:43
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Sometimes heavy gaming sometimes just browsing and sometimes nothing at all (the spikes that pop up in the very early hours are when no one in the house is awake)

I had an engineer out but it's like she didn't believe it was happening because the line seemed clear when she checked it.

I should add that I have systematically checked all the devices 1 at a time and when those big spikes happen it interferes with the virgin TiVo

Edited by ScratchNsniff (Fri 12-Jun-20 14:28:20)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 12-Jun-20 14:42:37
Print Post

[re: ScratchNsniff] [link to this post]

Try turning off Wi-Fi one night and disconnect all Ethernet devices to ensure its not a device doing an app update at an odd time.

Given how bad others virgin bqm can be and they say no issues doubt you'll get anything done by them

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Fri 12-Jun-20 14:52:49
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for looking and I will give this a go but I don't hold much hope for it being an app update.
I will try calling VM a few more times and if I get lucky it will happen when they run their tests

Print Thread

Jump to