General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mrtcs
(newbie) Thu 20-Aug-20 23:46:32
Print Post

BQMs for Virgin Hub 4 and 500Mb or 1G service

[link to this post]

Hello:

I suffered through (ok, first world problems, I know) the Virgin Media Hub 3 latency spike issue shortly after I was first connected with them, and I managed to get a Hub 2 to replace the Hub 3 initially given to me.

I'm on the 20/200 service and I can get faster speeds now, but that will require either a Hub 3 again or maybe a Hub 4 if they are available.

I'd like to see some BQMs of Hub 3s on current firmware with the 350 or 500 or 1GB services. Ditto for Hub 4.

Any available to see? My service has generally been very good so I'm hesitant to make a change but could use the faster upload speeds. Thanks.
Standard User mrtcs
(newbie) Fri 21-Aug-20 08:59:14
Print Post

Re: BQMs for Virgin Hub 4 and 500Mb or 1G service

[re: mrtcs] [link to this post]

Here is my graph:

SH2 20-200 BQM
Standard User mrtcs
(newbie) Mon 12-Oct-20 14:20:11
Print Post

I got more traction on this question in the Virgin area:

https://forums.thinkbroadband.com/virgin_cable/f/466...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 12-Oct-20 21:07:23
Print Post

Sorry, but's not too surprising.

I expect the first forum VM users here look at is that one. The most likely to respond will have done so.

In any case, the approved procedure if you want more replies is to ask wherever, and request that replies are posted to your VM thread smile.

Plus, from the forum rules:
Cross Posting

We do not allow 'cross posting' where a user posts the same text in more than one forum. This wastes resources as forum users have to read posts twice. It is possible for a post to be relevant to more than one forum, but you should only post it in another if you have no success in the first.
The way round that being as above.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
To argue with mindless bigots is foolish.
Standard User mrtcs
(newbie) Mon 12-Oct-20 21:46:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks RobertoS. Feel free to delete this thread.

I admit I did not read the cross posting policy, but actually I seem to have followed it. My question was relevant to both BQM and VIrgin. I first posted it HERE (in BQM) and "had no success." So only then did I posted it in the Virgin forum.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 12-Oct-20 23:20:59
Print Post

Nothing to do with me, I'm not a mod. Just a poster like you.

I apologise anyway. I only looked at the date/time stamp on your latest post, as I read in Flat mode so that was the highlighted one.

As you say, in a way you did follow the correct procedure, and fortunately did link to the other.

You never know. You may get some more responses now smile. Good luck.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
To argue with mindless bigots is foolish.
  Print Thread

Jump to