User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BP1
(committed) Fri 31-Dec-10 15:40:13
Print Post

Re: Line fault - Update

[re: sikantired] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sikantired:
Dont just tell us, tell his manager,

Trust me i have tried. If you want to leave a compliment or comment BT advise you do so by their web page contact us link. They would not give me a number or direct contact for passing on my thanks.
We all no that the email comment on their web page will just get read by a call centre person and then deleted.

If any one has any contacts i would only be only to pleased to pass on my thanks so the relevent engineer gets to no by his manager that this particular customer greatly appreciated the way he carried out his job.

Regards

BP1

BTBroadband

"When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane"
Standard User cheshire_man
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 31-Dec-10 19:01:57
Print Post

[re: BP1] [link to this post]

Why not write a letter (pen, paper, envelope, stamp smile ), and post it to the CEO of BT. His address will readily be available.

I know it's a little harder than doing it electronically but...

Tony
Standard User CJT
(committed) Fri 31-Dec-10 21:53:37
Print Post

That's VERY possible to pass on your thanks

via Here

smile

CJT.

tongue

ON BT Total Broadband .

My Broadband Speed Test

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/986285088.png[/IMG]

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BP1
(committed) Fri 31-Dec-10 22:26:12
Print Post

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by CJT:
That's VERY possible to pass on your thanks

via Here

smile

Thanks for that link - Very useful - Will send my comment to them

Regards

BP1

BTBroadband

Standard User witchunt
(regular) Sat 01-Jan-11 00:11:53
Print Post

This is even better.
Standard User andyboygsi
(member) Tue 04-Jan-11 16:53:35
Print Post

[re: sikantired] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sikantired:
Dont just tell us, tell his manager,

ill second this, a little thank you bouquet from a end user will go a long way to boost the engineers morale. especially at times like this where everyone is working damn hard to provide a service that is second to none.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User BP1
(committed) Sun 16-Jan-11 11:37:47
Print Post

My update of the recent BT Broadband ADSL2+ CN21 upgrade problems

From my previous posts I still had problems on my line which finally seem to be ok for now.
From my previous post the re-syncing of my line re-appeared within a few days with my sync dropping to 2163kbps immediately after the first re-sync. The upstream errors were also of concern to me as these were about 10 million within the first few minutes of the router syncing. BT BB again sent an engineer to my house (4th visit). This engineer was a line engineer who was very reluctant on what to do. In fact he wanted to carry out tests at the exchange (I felt I was being fobbed off on nothing being done). I had to request that I wanted to witness him carrying out a test on my line from my house. He used a hawk and also did a PQ test of the line at my house. The test showed my line as good and so he left saying that I needed a broadband engineer.
This time on phoning BT BB India I spoke to a person who agreed that there was a problem and promised that someone would call me back to find a resolution into this problem. As promised someone phoned and remotely did something as my re-sync had jumped back to 4613kbps. After a long chat with this person he told me that one of the problems was that the BT wholesale system for some odd reason keeps capping my line to 2163kbps. (This was not the DLM stabilising my line) He believed that this was a software bug or an automated process on BT side on the 21CN upgrade and he would get this rectified with BT wholesale.

Well since that last chat with BT and work carried out remotely my line has maintained its sync for five days. Yesterday it re-synced but this time it synced at 4703/756 Kbps which is better than before. The upstream superframe and RS correctable errors are still very high within the first hour. The upstream noise margin seems to be between 2.5 to 5 db varying throughout the day and night. The downstream stats seem ok and inline with my long line.

Something else which has cropped up is up till now the BT wholesale broadband checker for my telephone number which in the past always stated the line speed inline with my sync speed now states that it very unlikely for a broadband connection on my line. I normally check this for update for the FTTC which should go live soon for my line. Thankfully the FTTC message and date is still there. Something is clearly gone wrong with BT Wholesale checker and systems.

Just hope FTTC will go live soon and confident that the line back to the cab is ok as witnessed at the line test from my house recently.

Regards

BP1

BTBroadband

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to