User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User andyboygsi
(member) Tue 04-Jan-11 10:47:58
Print Post

Re: BT HomeHub 2.0 broadband disconnections

[re: wichitalineman] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wichitalineman:
Fraid not...not unless he does the same work as me, mainly fttc installs, but I might know him, but not by name. I don't even see my team members these days, unless it's a wave in passing.

join the club, thats the same up and down ze country. to busy to talk anyway haha

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User andyboygsi
(member) Tue 04-Jan-11 10:50:46
Print Post

[re: andyboygsi] [link to this post]

back on topic though you may well be star wired somewhere, the 4 wire pictures is not exactly brand new so star wiring would be expected.

the extension going by the fact its 6 wire rather than 4 wire would point at that being a later addition.

just follow the cables either inside going around the house or from outside heading in. you will find it eventually. be carefull though as its before the master it would be considered openreachs network.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User djg2008
(newbie) Fri 07-Jan-11 10:09:33
Print Post

[re: andyboygsi] [link to this post]

Ahhh... If I'm right, the said Junction box would be about 20 ft up in the corner (I live not on a council estate, but its a block of flats/maisonettes, like a Lodge type place). The Junction box seems old, black, and it has a lot of wires running from it going into each house. Not really possible to take a picture of it open.

PS: Sorry for the delay.

Edited by djg2008 (Fri 07-Jan-11 10:10:27)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User wichitalineman
(learned) Fri 07-Jan-11 20:31:05
Print Post

[re: djg2008] [link to this post]

Given that you have 2 different cables to your sockets, there must be an internal junction box ! Try following the cables back to where they come into the Flat . You should find a joint somewhere.

These comments are my own and in no way represent any company that I may or may not be linked to.
Standard User djg2008
(newbie) Mon 10-Jan-11 16:01:21
Print Post

[re: wichitalineman] [link to this post]

There is a tiny little white box, where the wires seperate to go to in the direction of their respective sockets, its just above the front door. It is literally 2 inches in length, maybe less than an inch high and about 2 or 3 cm deep. I thought a 'Junction box' would be bigger than the actual phone socket boxes. If you cut the upstairs socket posted earlier in half horizontally, that is how big this 'box' would be. Not quite as big depth-wise. To me it just looks like something to keep the wires in one place.

Edited by djg2008 (Mon 10-Jan-11 16:03:29)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to