User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User djg2008
(newbie) Sun 02-Jan-11 06:20:24
Print Post

Re: BT HomeHub 2.0 broadband disconnections

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well, the two wires left in tact are the middle ones (right and left). The right one I think is solid Blue, and the left one is Blue and White. They are not crossing over. I didn't cut the other redundant ones just in case, I just twiddled them (disconnected ones) around each other and put them aside before putting the case back on. The upstairs socket is pretty old.

As for the master one downstairs, there are just two wires and it is labelled A and B. The guide I followed didn't cover this, so I assumed it was okay.

Any ideas as to why this random broadband-dropping could be happening?

PS: Something I omitted to say before. I did say that this only noticably happens when playing World of Warcraft. What I forgot to mention is, it seems ONLY to be happening at around early morning (8am) onwards. When its the early hours, it SEEMS not to happen, implying it could be a line/network traffic issue (although I'm probably looking too deep into it). I don't know if that would help at all.

Edited by djg2008 (Sun 02-Jan-11 06:30:37)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 02-Jan-11 10:12:31
Print Post

[re: djg2008] [link to this post]

Looks to me like we may need one of these engineers who have commented to give an opinion on that one, excpet I'm not happy about the downstairs master. Has that got a phone socket, or is it just a junction box?

Does the inside of it look like any of the ones on this page, and what about the extension that you are using.

Note that there are several similar pairings there, and which it is matters. Typically the Masters are the ones ending 1A and having a capacitor(s), (the small cylinders), and the 2A/3As are extensions and no capacitor.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User wichitalineman
(learned) Sun 02-Jan-11 14:00:04
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

A picture of inside and outside of the sockets would make thing soooo much clearer...please.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User djg2008
(newbie) Sun 02-Jan-11 21:53:42
Print Post

[re: wichitalineman] [link to this post]

Okay uploading some pictures now, excuse the quality.

Downstairs Socket
1. Outside
2. Inside, Outer Facing
3. Inner Plate
4. Inside

Upstairs Socket
1. Outside
2. Inside

Hope this is enough info.
(learned) Sun 02-Jan-11 22:19:33
Print Post

Thanks, that makes things clearer. There are NO extensions ( upstairs ) directly connected to your master socket.

There IS a junction box of some description somewhere...probably where the line comes into the house ? If you can find it, remove the cover, touch nothing and could we have a picture please..quality so far is ok !

More later.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 02-Jan-11 23:51:42
Print Post

Eeee lad, good to see you're here!

I saw the pics and it took me a few minutes to work out what he had photographed with the Master. Then I decided to see what you said, and of course you are right but I didn't think of it immediately.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User djg2008
(newbie) Mon 03-Jan-11 06:25:39
Print Post

I shall try, but to be honest I'm not too sure where I'm looking. I'll ask dad if he knows where this could be located later on when he wakes up. Keep you posted. Sorry about the confusion, I'm not much of a hardware man. Using a screwdriver is about the length of my expertise, lol..
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 03-Jan-11 09:03:26
Print Post

You're doing fine so far.

If the line comes to the house from a pole the junction box should be inside the house fairly close to where it enters. I doubt if it's outside, though we had a small square one just inside the carport roof that seemed to have no purpose except to terminate the wire round the outside of the house. (I suppose that made sense in case it needed replacing).

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Jan-11 20:33:17
Print Post

You know Matt Kinnaid ?

(learned) Mon 03-Jan-11 21:59:47
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Fraid not...not unless he does the same work as me, mainly fttc installs, but I might know him, but not by name. I don't even see my team members these days, unless it's a wave in passing.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to