User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User geordiekris
(experienced) Fri 11-Feb-11 20:42:35
Print Post

Re: Speed has went right down?

[re: Noa] [link to this post]

with your ip profile and the rate you are getting its not fine and needs to be reported as a fault as that is unacceptable performance and bt_care need to raise this for you.

Also in regards to throtteling that is bt wholesales speedtest and as such removes you from the isp restrictions whilst you are testing.

my name has been changed to save me from more company disciplinary procedures.

whatever i say is my thoughts and not those of the company i work for
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 11-Feb-11 22:27:02
Print Post

Sounds like throttling to me.They are unlikely to volunteer that info. May even deny it when first asked. Have you any idea of your download and upload volumes?

Don't forget many P2P systems keep running even if you aren't actively using them. Even playing a BBC iPlayer stream like the tennis can keep downloading after you close it, as I found to my horror the other day. Only closing the browser completely killed it.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User Noa
(newbie) Sat 12-Feb-11 15:18:04
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I've used 27GB in 11 days this month, I'd say that's typical of my usage, there's no way I'm going over my FUP limit. I don't use any P2P software so I doubt my upload amount is very significant.

I haven't had a warning email either, I presume they still send those out... I had one about a year ago, sometime at the end of the month saying I was 10GB away from breaking the limit at the time.

BT_Care has replied to me via PM and has passed the problem on as a fault:

Thank you for running that test. Looking at that result your Broadband does seem to be performing below the acceptable level. I have reported a fault to our suppliers and they are currently investigating this and have made a few adjustments to your line.

Fingers crossed.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 12-Feb-11 15:20:33
Print Post

smile
Hope you get it sorted.

But I don't use P2P either. Just "Watch now" on the BBC site. That streams, and doesn't necessarily stop when you close that window. As I described.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to