User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Wheel_Nut
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Mar-11 14:34:56
Print Post

Re: How ...?

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Could you share the "route" here...

..........................................................................................................
"When not prompted by vanity, we say little." - La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680)

PlusNet BBYW Pro - Lite Customer from Feb 2009
NewNet Customer 2007 - Feb 2009
PlusNet Customer 2003 - Feb 2007
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Mar-11 14:56:48
Print Post

[re: Wheel_Nut] [link to this post]

Read my lips!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 29-Mar-11 15:12:57
Print Post

[re: Wheel_Nut] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Wheel_Nut:
Could you share the "route" here...
Or to clarify XRaySpeX's latest post, read his first one in the thread tongue.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Wheel_Nut
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Mar-11 16:08:16
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately, there isn't anything there worth buying frown

Whereas the packages are attractive (if you are willing to sign up to an 18 month contract), the Broadband only prices are hopelessly uncompetitive.

My £16 Broadband and Anytime Calls package goes live in two days. Here's hoping that the QOS is acceptable.

..........................................................................................................
"When not prompted by vanity, we say little." - La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680)

PlusNet BBYW Pro - Lite Customer from Feb 2009
NewNet Customer 2007 - Feb 2009
PlusNet Customer 2003 - Feb 2007
Standard User MHC
(legend) Tue 29-Mar-11 18:18:43
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
Bt are so worried that people will leave that they now force a 18 month contract on them.

Bt give people a choice, not everyone wants a phone and broadband package

WRONG ... you keep stating that but it is untrue. Provide full, documented p[roof that BT forces customers into 18 month contracts or stop claim it is a fact.

I have just agreed for a BT analogue line installation and the contract is a rolling 1 month.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Mar-11 19:27:15
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
I have just agreed for a BT analogue line installation and the contract is a rolling 1 month.
But how much did you pay? The £30 Offer is subject to an 18-month contract. Proof: BT Connection charges

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Standard User MHC
(legend) Tue 29-Mar-11 21:18:19
Print Post

That is just one area - NOT every customer.

Mine - £42 fee and then standard line rental.

M H C

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Mar-11 22:56:45
Print Post

Area? What do you mean?

It's in black & white, as you requested, that the £30 Connection Offer is subject to an 18-month contract. Similarly all BT's Calling Plans & Bundles are subject to Minimum Terms for new customers (perhaps that's what you mean by "areas"?).

Of course, like any negotiation, BT sales staff will have the leeway to offer less onerous terms in individual cases, but that's the exception rather than the rule.

Also existing customers, once they have expired the Minimum Term, will be able to revert to "rolling 1 month" contracts (even those who were on renewable contracts are able to opt-out, before any one brings that irrelevance in to cloud the issue).

Standard User MHC
(legend) Tue 29-Mar-11 23:04:35
Print Post

If someone wants the reduction then they will be in an 18 month contract - BUT that not BT forcing everyone.

People can make a choice and pay the full installation cost and enter a shorter contract which can be as little as one month.

The original post I commented on is WRONG BT does not force people intro an 18 month contract.

M H C

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Mar-11 23:21:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by MHC:
The original post I commented on is WRONG BT does not force people intro an 18 month contract.
WRONG! BT does on new customers taking a Phone/BB Bundle, which is what the original post you commented on was about.

You're the one that introduced new line rental alone, which wasn't the OP's point.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to