User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MHC
(legend) Tue 29-Mar-11 23:47:59
Print Post

Re: How ...?

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Fine, if someone wants an reduced installation charge bundle.

but the post says:

Bt are so worried that people will leave that they now force a 18 month contract on them.

Bt give people a choice, not everyone wants a phone and broadband package

They do not force a 18 month contract and secondly people do have a choice, they can choose line rental only.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User Supatramp
(member) Thu 31-Mar-11 23:40:37
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

I'm sorry, but there is some rubbish being spoken here!

If you already have your phone with BT, then forget the official bb deals @bt.com. And the staff at that address have no flexibility on the stated deals.

As I've stated in another thread here, as an existing BT phone customer I recently switched from AOL and got Option 3 bb for £8.01 pm, in addition to my existing £4.99 pm Anytime Calls deal. AND................... I'm on a 12 months contract. FACT.

David
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 01-Apr-11 17:46:41
Print Post

[re: Supatramp] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Supatramp:

If you already have your phone with BT, then forget the official bb deals @bt.com. And the staff at that address have no flexibility on the stated deals.

As I've stated in another thread here, as an existing BT phone customer I recently switched from AOL and got Option 3 bb for £8.01 pm, in addition to my existing £4.99 pm Anytime Calls deal. AND................... I'm on a 12 months contract. FACT.
Well either you are talking rubbish as well, or you are very poor at explaining what you mean.

Start with my opening post, ally that to your saying "forget the official bb deals @bt.com. And the staff at that address have no flexibility on the stated deals", then there is no way you could have moved to BT that I can see.

If you have explained some recommended method, in "another thread here", it would be helpful if you were to provide a link to the thread, or better still the relevant post.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Supatramp
(member) Fri 01-Apr-11 18:36:19
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

You disappoint me Robert, I was under the impression that you were one of the 'worthies' about here, and I have in fact benefited from your extensive knowledge on a couple of occasions, on a couple of subjects!

And I have in fact commented on at least a couple of occasions at TBB in at least a couple of locations here about switching to BT!

So........................ I'll ignore your insults, I'm not talking rubbish, and I am happy to explain, again, how to get a deal from BT.

If you're sitting comfortably.......................................! This is courtesy of a thread at Martin Lewis's forum so I don't take any personal credit for it.

This only works for existing BT phone users, dial 150 from your BT phone and ask for COT, as in a baby's bed; it stands for Customer Options something or another. If customer services initially ask questions, stick to your guns and insist to be put through to COT. When you get to them, they might ask about your bb useage and based on what you tell them they might suggest that Option 1 or 2 would be sufficient for you. Insist that you need 'unlimited' and they'll eventually agree to give you Option 3. You might then have to haggle a bit on price, but the following is the deal I have.

Just before the rental increased last October I paid a year in advance, so instead of the current £13.60pm, I'm paying the equivalent of £9.xx pm. At the same time I signed up for their £4.99pm Anytime calls deal. When I negotiated with COT, they gave me a deal of £13pm, including my £4.99 calls deal so I'm in effect paying £8.01 for Option 3 bb, less than half I was latterly paying AOL.

In addition, I got the new HH3 free + a socket plate thingy + 2 of the thingys you plug into each phone socket. The HH3 was a dawdle to set-up, initially wired then wireless, and so far it hasn't missed a beat. Finally, the best I ever got from AOL was 2.8megs but towards the end of my 10 day period I was getting 5megs. I've been away for 2 weeks but on my return yesterday, I got 3.6. A check this morning showed 5.

If somebody can do better then good for them, but for the time being I'm perfectly happy.

PS. How do I display my TBB speedcheck result here? I copied the URL but it just came up as a link!

David

Edited by Supatramp (Fri 01-Apr-11 18:45:30)

Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 01-Apr-11 18:52:18
Print Post

but its no fibre tongue

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 01-Apr-11 19:00:31
Print Post

smile
'Twas thou wot threw the first insult at un-named posters in the thread tongue.

Your explanation there is great - I'm sure it will help someone. But if you have already posted similar elsewhere then as I said, a link was needed. You will be well aware of what you have posted, but few would have known where to look smile. As it was, your post (unintentionally I'm now sure) came across as supercilious.

Speed tes, below the displayed button in your result there is a link, but scroll down further and you see thinkbroadband forum code:-

My Broadband Speed Test

But please don't put it in your sig as some do, as that's a waste of space and is meaningless.

(Edit - typoes)

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 01-Apr-11 19:02:48)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 01-Apr-11 19:03:32
Print Post

[re: MrGrumpy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrGrumpy:
but its no fibre tongue
tongue
Neither is the thread about fibre.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 01-Apr-11 19:08:30
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/aol/f/3975769-bt-de...

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 01-Apr-11 19:17:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by Supatramp:
I was going to ignore your fatuous remark, but now Roberto has latched on to it ...

Sure, you need to be sorry; there was no "rubbish" here till you joined it. Until then, this thread was all about factual info. found in BT's published info.

As I stated earlier, of course, like any negotiation, BT sales staff will always have the leeway to offer less onerous terms in individual cases, but that's the exception rather than the rule.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Fri 01-Apr-11 19:19:35
Print Post

Team!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to