User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 04-Apr-11 10:18:32
Print Post

Re: Big Problem - hope this is the best place to post!

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Neither are with BT, but I presume they will allow you to have two lines with different packages, though if a business they insist on business rates.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User shtu
(experienced) Mon 04-Apr-11 10:18:53
Print Post

[re: Footys] [link to this post]

Meh, just being pessimistic - I got that sort of estimate originally. After some fiddling over the years I now get 1800ish sync, 1500kbps profile.

Deffo order on the original line, get a decent router (2wire 2700 for example), isolate everything except the master socket, spend £10 on an Openreach filtered faceplate, and see what it can do.
Standard User fiddler
(member) Tue 12-Apr-11 12:59:49
Print Post

[re: Footys] [link to this post]

Seems reminiscent of my dealings with BT when trying to get a phone line into our new build.

here

3 months and SEVEN separate and concurrent order numbers later we had a phone line, only for it to be disconnected after 3 days when the BT adminoids then deleted all the order numbers (including the one linked to our working phone line) and then tried to bill us for an early disconnection charge.

The contacts in the above link were very, very efficient and could make the seemingly impossible, possible (having an engineer out at 6pm on a Sunday!).

Regards,

Rob

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to