User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 07-Apr-11 21:23:31
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity Sales call

[re: MrGrumpy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrGrumpy:
top tip don`t post after a few beers tongue
Now you've mentioned the beer, maybe you meant:-

Come on (wee) tell us something we don`t know.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.
Standard User Pod
(experienced) Wed 27-Apr-11 07:37:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrGrumpy:
Anyway getting bored with the same old BT traffic shape,BT sales told me lies and then come on here and moan about it to make what point exactly ??!!

For most non-techy people, BT represents quality, reliability and honesty, they are considered to be a 'safe' option. The reality for many is the exact opposite, particularly for those who are not taken in by BT Sales lies on the telephone, or who have had to deal with their customer service.

It took me hours recently to explain to my friend why he was only getting 1/10th of his 10Mb download speed, he kept blaming his kids upstairs on the Playstation, I kept explaining it was BT throttling, it eventually sank in and he is migrating. He was completely unaware that BT even throttled, much like the BT Inifinity sales woman I spoke to, unless she was trying to pull a fast one, but of course BT being BT they would never do that...right?
Standard User Pod
(experienced) Wed 27-Apr-11 07:57:35
Print Post

Oh, the point was that whilst many believe that BT will provide the highest standard of service, in reality that is often not the case, the more people that point that out, the, hopefully, better BT will become and not be so blase about low standards of service.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User geordiekris
(experienced) Wed 27-Apr-11 10:05:04
Print Post

[re: Pod] [link to this post]

tbh the bt "staff" are not trained on throtteling they are simply told that bt wilol manage the traffic accordingly to most of the "staff" that is meaningless it is not explained to them how bt will manage the network. and for your friend to be only getting 1 1oth of his 10 meg connection he must have been using torrents or p2p during peek hours

i can say whatever i want as i no longer work for the [censored]!
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Apr-11 17:20:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by Pod:
Oh, the point was that whilst many believe that BT will provide the highest standard of service, in reality that is often not the case, the more people that point that out, the, hopefully, better BT will become and not be so blase about low standards of service.

Just to reiterate I`ve been alot of ISPs over the years and BT has been no different than any of them. Yes they throttle apparently so everybody keeps repeating, they traffic manage P2P and probably some other stuff but can`t say a) I`ve noticed and b) give a.... The service on FTTC is fairly reliable thus far with only one caveat the Home Hub but its well documented by me and others so won`t go into details. The reps on this forum and their own support channel is decent enough.

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Apr-11 17:29:27
Print Post

the other point, I admit made when I had one to many tongue is that there is a select few on these forums who love nothing more than to repeat the same old diatribe about how BT traffic shape and for us users the service is unusable, well so they would make you believe! Yes BT need to improve their CS, certainly their technical services in Delhi( or wherever it is) is a shocker, I`ve experienced it! However the FTTC service up till now has been more or less sound with some slow downs but hey I don`t expect max speed 24/7 for £25 a month unlimited.

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to