User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 18-Apr-11 15:12:11
Print Post

Re: BT Dropping Fair Use Policy?

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
In reply to a post by orly:
In reference to adsl24.co.uk/aup/:
What about excessive network usage?
If it's felt that any customer's activities are so excessive that other members are detrimentally affected, ADSL24 Internet Ltd may give the customer generating the excessive web traffic a written warning (by email or otherwise). In extreme circumstances, should the levels of activity not immediately decrease after the warning, ADSL24 Internet Ltd may terminate that customer's services.

In other words, run it "unlimited" 24/7 and you'll probably be cut off.

That is in their Acceptable Usage Policy, i think it would take some doing to do that unless you was really doing something illegal.

what i like is that there is no traffic management so everything works as fast as it can.

therefore your service is not Unlimited?! There is an Acceptable Usage Policy! The punters on Be had the same argument, saying it was unlimited when in fact its not! There will be a cut off whether your ISP choose to use that policy is another matter!

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 18-Apr-11 15:30:09
Print Post

[re: krazykizza] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by krazykizza:
And what about water meters? Some would not have them as it'd mean higher cost. Just like when you go to a all you can eat buffet a fat guy going in with an empty belly for £10 may eat 5 times more than a thin guy paying the same £10.

I much love these arguments!

Have to say no water meters up here smile Well if everyone went to the all you can eat buffet and ate as much as the big fat guy ( no offence to big fat guys btw smile ) The place would either put up prices so as to buy more food or it goes out of business? Sounds familiar doesn`t it! Of course they could do what Pizza Hut does and slows the procession of pizza`s coming out of the oven smile for their all you can eat Lunch buffet laugh

Regards

MrG

Standard User orly
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 19-Apr-11 02:33:06
Print Post

But your assertion was that your service was unlimited. You mentioned it many times. Subtle alteration in your reply so you only mentioned management is disingenuous.

Obviously the AUP of your ISP disagrees with your statements. Treat it like a leased line for a while and see how long it is before ADSL24 is on the phone to you or writing interesting letters.

Why are you in a BT thread in the BTB forum writing this stuff anyway?

---
BT Infinity 8th July 2010
(NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
25.5mbit down / 7.6mbit up

Click here to see Comparison of FTTC ISPs
Which FTTC ISP do you use?

Edited by orly (Tue 19-Apr-11 02:35:48)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-Apr-11 08:59:55
Print Post

[re: MrGrumpy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrGrumpy:
therefore your service is not Unlimited?! There is an Acceptable Usage Policy! The punters on Be had the same argument, saying it was unlimited when in fact its not! There will be a cut off whether your ISP choose to use that policy is another matter!

At least it is more unlimited than other ISPs and with no traffic management. the chances of getting cut off is pretty slim, try downloading 400Gb a month with Bt and you would soon get a letter or phone call, even if they say they have stopped their FUP.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-Apr-11 09:03:06
Print Post

[re: orly] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by orly:
But your assertion was that your service was unlimited. You mentioned it many times. Subtle alteration in your reply so you only mentioned management is disingenuous.

Obviously the AUP of your ISP disagrees with your statements. Treat it like a leased line for a while and see how long it is before ADSL24 is on the phone to you or writing interesting letters.

Why are you in a BT thread in the BTB forum writing this stuff anyway?

Try doing 400Gb a month with BT and see where it will get you, they will soon be on your case.

Just because they say they are getting rid of the FUP, I am pretty sure that they will still complain if you use more than they want you to.

They also use traffic management which would not be so bad if it flipping worked. Plusnet could never get it working, Eclipse failed with it, and BT can't get it working either.

Why am I here? because it is a free country, well kind of

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-Apr-11 15:30:37
Print Post

At least it is more unlimited than other ISPs

hmm is that a wee bit of back tracking going on laugh Your definition is changing smile BT should employ you to write their T&Cs ROFLOL

Regards

MrG

Standard User orly
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 20-Apr-11 00:15:55
Print Post

It works fine for the most part.

You don't use BT, so how would you know?

---
BT Infinity 8th July 2010
(NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
25.5mbit down / 7.6mbit up

Click here to see Comparison of FTTC ISPs
Which FTTC ISP do you use?
Standard User wwwebber
(committed) Wed 20-Apr-11 12:51:19
Print Post

Noise / Zyborg - you're here because you hate BT - you always have done. You don't provide any real advice because your judgement is clouded. You'll take any and every opportunity to knock BT however trivial it is.

I thought you'd given up on this crusade of yours - it seems you haven't which is not healthy in my opinion.
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Apr-11 13:19:04
Print Post

They also use traffic management which would not be so bad if it flipping worked. Plusnet could never get it working, Eclipse failed with it, and BT can't get it working either.

Can't say I notice any management here on Infinity, I don't do P2P though and they don't appear to throttle Usenet.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity
Far too many computers, 1 Wife, 3 Maine Coons and too many horses smile
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 20-Apr-11 16:50:06
Print Post

[re: TheHorseman] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TheHorseman:

Can't say I notice any management here on Infinity, I don't do P2P though and they don't appear to throttle Usenet.

yep have to concur smile but hey what would we know eh!!

Regards

MrG

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to