User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MHC
(legend) Thu 14-Jul-11 20:39:44
Print Post

Re: BT infinity modem *DELETED*

[re: Garyilka] [link to this post]

Take that with my comments above and it may well be that we have found the version 1 and 2 modems based on the first part of the serial number, the Firmware final digits and the NTE/2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Jul-11 20:42:47
Print Post

Re: BT infinity modem *DELETED*

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Got mine installed yesterday and i've noticed my modem is cool to touch even after 20mins of full speed downloading, hoping its a newer model and any issues resolved

BT Infinity
Standard User Garyilka
(knowledge is power) Thu 14-Jul-11 20:51:24
Print Post

Re: BT infinity modem

[re: BuckleZ] [link to this post]

What are the corresponding numbers on the back of yours?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Jul-11 21:04:49
Print Post

Just at work here now, i will post them up when i get in

BT Infinity
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 15-Jul-11 15:19:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by Garyilka:
What are the corresponding numbers on the back of yours?

SN: 211530313858K16034069
FW: V00R001C01B028SP10

BT Infinity
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 15-Jul-11 15:50:24
Print Post

Mine which is fine:-

SN: 21530304288K09016231
FW: V100R001C01B028SP06

Picture of the installation here. The top of the temperature sensor can just be seen at the bottom of the picture, currently reading 26.4C.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User Garyilka
(knowledge is power) Fri 15-Jul-11 16:46:37
Print Post

Looking at what MHC and I have been comparing, that suggests you have the latest version, which doesn't appoear to be the one that suffers from overheating providing it's installed properly smile
Standard User Basenji
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 15-Jul-11 17:01:49
Print Post

Here's mine - Repaced in January.
S/N: 21530304288K08005681
FW Ver: V100R001C01B028SP06

Nothing to see here.. Move along, please
My Broadband Speed Test laugh
Standard User asbokid
(newbie) Wed 20-Jul-11 22:20:45
Print Post

It seems that there was a tie-over period when the SP10 firmware was shipped in the earlier 530304288 hardware.[1]

At some point the HG612 hardware was changed, and a new part number (aka board number / barcode) was issued (530313858).

The board was updated with a new flash chip, and maybe other changes.

Previously a Macronix MX29LV640D 8Mbyte parallel NOR flash IC was used but this was replaced with a Spansion S29GL064N.[2] Both chips are in a 44 pin TSOP package.

That change of the flash ID probably required the CFE bootloader to be rebuilt to recognise it. However, the bootloader in SP10 firmware still reports "CFE version 1.0.37-102.6 for BCM96368 (32bit,SP,BE)". That is the same CFE version that was reported in SP06.

The Linux kernel in the SP10 firmware also reports the same version number as the kernel in SP06 (version 2.6.21.5). However, the kernel has been rebuilt, probably with different configuration options.

The root file system also differs between the SP10 and the SP06 firmwares. At some point, I will try to discover what those kernel/file system changes involve.[3]

It would be interesting to see whether the xDSL PHY driver has been updated in SP10.

The Broadcom 6368 processor in the HG612 modem has dual 400MHz MIPS32 VIPER cores which access shared memory.

One of those two cores is exclusively running the xDSL PHY driver. The code for that driver is contained in the binary /etc/adsl/adsl_phy.bin. [4] The second of the two cores runs everything else, including the Linux operating system. The Linux core moves the xDSL driver code from the flash memory into the address space of the second core. It's possible that if there has been an upgrade to the xDSL driver (adsl_phy.bin) then that could see an improvement to line sync speeds or stability.

The flash dump of an SP10 firmware is linked below for those interested. [5]

As with SP06, unlocking an SP10 HG612 is very simple. It involves modifying the default config.xml file to remove the iptables rulechain that is firewalling HTTP access to the device from the LAN side.

[1] http://huaweihg612hacking.wordpress.com/2011/07/18/h...
[2] https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6wW18mYskvBODZjMTk...
[3] http://huaweihg612hacking.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/w...
[4] http://bcm63xx.sipsolutions.net/AdslPhy
[5] https://docs.google.com/#folders/folder.0.0B6wW18mYs...

Edited by asbokid (Wed 20-Jul-11 22:34:08)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 20-Jul-11 22:56:17
Print Post

[re: asbokid] [link to this post]

Excellent, but beyond my ability to use it smile.

When you say "As with SP06, unlocking an SP10 HG612 is very simple. It involves modifying the default config.xml file to remove the iptables rulechain that is firewalling HTTP access to the device from the LAN side" do you mean it can be achieved by someone like me, because way back you said getting into the thing needed soldering etc., and I'm not going that way.

Impressive!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to