User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 30-Jul-11 11:12:20
Print Post

Re: re

[re: Meloco65] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Meloco65:
Because it's not been properly done, does this make sense?
No, especially the bit about not properly done. Who told you this - TalkTalk?

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User Meloco65
(regular) Sat 30-Jul-11 11:29:00
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Nope a technician who works with BT and others. I'm sure if I had the technical know-how to explain it a few words and this would be 'Oh I See'.

The bottom line is they took capacity from my exchange and hooked up another village so that they could have broadband. This has effectively caused more traffic to come in to our exchange, and as a result caused a bottlneck because we are all feeding in to one exchange, which then feeds on to a satellite exchange and thus in turn goes on to the main exchange in the city.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 30-Jul-11 11:32:05
Print Post

Nope a technician who works with BT and others.
Not a BT engineer then, just a local electrician?

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Meloco65
(regular) Sat 30-Jul-11 11:33:21
Print Post

Nope not a BT engineer. That is hopefully coming next week now, just got off the phone and one is scheduled smile.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 30-Jul-11 11:34:37
Print Post

Nope not a BT engineer. That is hopefully coming next week now, just got off the phone and one is scheduled smile.
Chances are he's mistaken. Good luck with a real BT guy wink

Standard User Meloco65
(regular) Sat 30-Jul-11 12:07:47
Print Post

I'm hoping so! I will report back as always.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 30-Jul-11 12:10:29
Print Post

I'm hoping so! I will report back as always.
Cool. What's he coming to do?

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 31-Jul-11 00:11:19
Print Post

Cough !

Standard User Meloco65
(regular) Sun 31-Jul-11 15:30:52
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

haha great film, amazing quote wink. I will wait to see wat the holy grail... I mean BT engineer says.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 01-Aug-11 10:08:58
Print Post

Where the backhaul from one exchange goes through another, which is actually the case for thousands of them (i.e. not rare), since at the top of the pyramid there are 22 main node points i.e. where traffic from around the country is aggregated.

Then in these cases it DOES NOT affect the ADSL stats, since the backhaul is done via fibre, and if your exchange had 155Mbps of backhaul, they would have split it so that you got say 100Mbps and the small exchange 55Mbps (random numbers). This way they can manage the speed.

In short the noise margin and sync speed issues are not linked to your exchange having a satellite exchange.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to