User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User roughbeast
(newbie) Thu 08-Mar-12 13:16:32
Print Post

Re: Any way to find out if anyone's using my FON?

[re: RobFlet] [link to this post]

Like Kwikbeaks I have a Fonera. When you log in to Fon.com you get a link to a history of where you have been and who has logged on to your hotspot.

I don't know BT. I am with VM. My only thought is that somewhere in your BT wireless device, if it has a GUI (user interface) there may be a link to a log file. This may tell you what devices have been connected. However, as KB said the tunneling to BT may prevent hotspot users being logged.

You sound like you regret having BTFON, but don't forget you should be able to log on to the millions of FON spots worldwide not to mention BTFON spots at home. It depends how much you use your phone for shifting data I suppose. This can be very expensive via 3G.

Virgin Media: 100mb/10Mb , land line, mobiles x2, TV - VIP HD box + TIVO 1Tb box.
Standard User RobFlet
(committed) Thu 08-Mar-12 14:04:16
Print Post

Re: Any way to find out if anyone's using my FON?

[re: roughbeast] [link to this post]

Don't care about phones - my phone doesn't do data transfers . in fact it's not even got a camera!

Just curious about what I can see/not see when I log into the HH3

Rob

1999 Freeserve Dial up --> Freeserve Anytime ---> 2005 Wanadoo 512k BB ---> Jul 2009 Orange up 8 Megs(hah!) --> Nov 2009 O2 LLU -> Nov 2011 BT Infinity( getting 37.5 megs now on ethernet)

Yamaha AW16G user
Red5Audio Microphones

FujiFilm HS-10 User
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to