User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 15-Mar-12 17:31:24
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity Cabinet Upgrade

[re: burakkucat] [link to this post]

Not sure where it's from, but it has no vents so isn't either of the FTTC ones. Also I haven't seen numbers on the FTTCs?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User burakkucat
(committed) Thu 15-Mar-12 17:41:33
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Re. vents. We can only see the front and the right-hand side. So, taking the role of Devil's Advocate, who knows what is on the left-hand end or the back?

As for numbers on yellow labels, yes, I have seen them on new FTTC deployments in Bury St Edmunds. Both the old PCPs and their new twinned FTTCs.

-----------------------------------------------------

100% Linux and, previously, Unix.

Edited by burakkucat (Thu 15-Mar-12 17:42:33)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 15-Mar-12 23:39:02
Print Post

If you look at the Huawei and ECI 128s they have vents at the front. It is most unlikely they have others with them at the back or side. Particularly given the internal architecture.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User burakkucat
(committed) Fri 16-Mar-12 00:40:38
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Of course I will agree with that logic. As I said, I was taking the role of the Devil's Advocate. smile

Standard User Desmond
(sensei) Fri 16-Mar-12 19:14:24
Print Post

[re: ME6] [link to this post]

It's never going to happen. In fact, they are going to withdraw ADSL too and leave you with dial up only.

Have patience. There are swathes of London, including central London, without Infinity and only the vaguest of clues when they might get it. That's assuming they have any at all.

You are not being left out, and while you may not believe it right now you will likely live to see the day you will have a contract to pay for jobs on BT's victim support desk.

Des

The original 32 bit junkie now snorting pure 64. Sky Broadband, Wired, Wireless, VoIP, 2 Macs, 2.5 Hackintoshes, 3.5 PCs, iPhone, OS X, Windows XP, Windows 7, Ubuntu.

Rehab is for quitters
Standard User connormill
(learned) Sun 18-Mar-12 11:23:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by burakkucat:
Hmm. I see what you mean. laugh

And are you absolutely sure it is a PCP? It could, feasibly, be a small FTTC. Did you photograph that one yourself or was it a contributed image?

So, reviewing your page:

Top row, right-hand end is a big Hauwei FTTC.
Second row, middle is a small Huawei FTTC.
Second row, right-hand end is an ECI FTTC. (Whether that is "big" or "small", I don't know. It is the only type that has, to date, been installed.)
Third row, left-hand end is a bit of a mystery (at present).

The third row cab is just a smaller PSTN copper cab. Quite a few of them round Aberdeen, especially round new houses where and existing cab was full and fitting a full size cab was overkill for the amount of connections it would be handling.

Getting about 15mb down and 900k up on Sky DSL, not bad when it's free! Can't wait for FTTC (30-6-12)

Disclaimer: I work for sky, but have no involvement AT ALL with broadband, so dont ask! tongue
Standard User burakkucat
(committed) Sun 18-Mar-12 23:34:32
Print Post

[re: connormill] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by connormill:
The third row cab is just a smaller PSTN copper cab. Quite a few of them round Aberdeen, especially round new houses where and existing cab was full and fitting a full size cab was overkill for the amount of connections it would be handling.
Thank you. That clarifies things. smile

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to