User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MHC
(legend) Fri 06-Apr-12 10:58:22
Print Post

Re: Is bt speedtester a random number generator?

[re: spranglebolt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by spranglebolt:
One might have thought that if bt retail are frustrated there would have been some mecvhanism to transmit their dissatisfactions to bt wholesale. Sadly, in mega-huge organisations it doesn't seem to work that way.

It is not all down to BT ... OFCOM have a lot to answer for.

I had a specific issue and a few years back if nothing was happening the Customer Service Adviser would have called the Clerical Assistant working for the local Manager of the team responsible for resolving it.

Now, the CSA has to gain approval from their manager/supervisor to escalate the issue to the local interface Point of Contact (withing BT Business), that PoC calls their opposite number in OR and also documents it. The OR POC then calls the OR faults to find out what has happened. Then a call will be made to teh Team Manager ...

So, it was 2 people and now anywhere from 4 to 6 because of OFCOM demands. And who suffers? The customer. Who pays? The customer. Who benefits? The extra two staff that have jobs/ Who profits? OFCOM maybe?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User spranglebolt
(member) Fri 06-Apr-12 21:14:35
Print Post

Re: Is bt speedtester a random number generator?

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Sorry, it's me again, but

thinkbroadband @ 20:38 this evening dl = 3895kbps

bt @20:41 dl = 1.5mbps

speedtest @20.47 dl = 4.10mbps

Numerous other tests immediately surrounding this, all giving results approx 4mbps (except for uswitch, which disappeared up its own orifice). I accept that if the discrepancy was limited to this one occasion, it could be due to traffic congestion etc. But this was only the latest of six consecutive occasions over the past week. The bt support analyst wrote on 05/04 'I can confirm that the information on this website is correct.' It really infuriates me that an organisation can get away with this nonsense, but I guess I'll just have to go away and get a life.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to