User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Paladine
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 11-Apr-12 09:38:05
Print Post

Re: BT waiving extra cost for 80/20 upgrade?

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well this is why my original post was a question smile

I have been waiting for 80/20 to become available before completing my order but at the moment I am not sure if BT's ordering system is working properly (eg. the 80/20 is same price as 40/10 -was-).

I cant ring them because I am currently in an airport in Copenhagen waiting for a connection flight to DC and wont be back until Sunday.

Also I am still waiting for my damn MAC Code, been nearly 2 weeks since I requested it.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 11-Apr-12 09:40:21
Print Post

[re: Paladine] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Paladine:
Also I am still waiting for my damn MAC Code, been nearly 2 weeks since I requested it.
Checked your user control panel? Assuming you are still on an Entanet connection, (see your profile), that's where it turns up for most resellers.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 11-Apr-12 09:50:28
Print Post

Given they clearly state 38 Mbps on the product pages, then I would suggest you are just seeing the figures from BT Wholesale who have uncapped the data.

Providers are able to add their own cap if they wish, and maybe one bit of BT Retail is not talking to another bit very well.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Paladine
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 11-Apr-12 09:56:21
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Mr S. - Go through a dummy order, it is pretty black and white, it shows connection speed as 80/20 on the order summary page - this is what I am trying to clear up. I don't want to order expecting 80/20 only to find the ordering system is meesed up and it is only the 40/10 package.

Standard User Paladine
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 11-Apr-12 09:57:59
Print Post

Murphx here, but I emailed Vivaciti before I left Heathrow this morning, they updated ticket with MAC about 10 minutes ago.

Now I just need to find out if BT's ordering system is telling porkies or not lol.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 11-Apr-12 10:07:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by Paladine:
Murphx here, but I emailed Vivaciti before I left Heathrow this morning, they updated ticket with MAC about 10 minutes ago.

Now I just need to find out if BT's ordering system is telling porkies or not lol.
You'll be fine, I heard that they're releasing 80/20 on Monday 16 on Residential at no extra cost.

______________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 11-Apr-12 10:19:15
Print Post

Unless you can confirm this over the phone and in writing I would not order at this time.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Paladine
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 11-Apr-12 10:24:03
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes I think that is my feeling too, hopefully it will be cleared up when I get back to UK at end of the week.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 11-Apr-12 10:42:52
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
You'll be fine, I heard that they're releasing 80/20 on Monday 16 on Residential at no extra cost.
But although that has been well leaked, it isn't necessarily going to be the same on Business, which he is after.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 11-Apr-12 10:52:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by BatBoy:
But although that has been well leaked, it isn't necessarily going to be the same on Business, which he is after.
That's what I was saying, you can order Business 80/20 today.

______________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to