User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adebov
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 20-May-12 21:41:19
Print Post

Re: Fttc Speed

[re: adebov] [link to this post]

You might also have a get-out.
This quote from a recent TBB news article...
The Openreach product comes with a satisfaction guarantee too. If within 90 days of the installation of a line, the service service does not achieve 50% of the predicted speed at the time of sale, then refunds of the connection fee, rental and cease charges will be made to the broadband provider, if the service is ceased.

If you were advised 13.4Mbps AND this guarantee also applies to 40/20 products (which I assume it will), you could get out of your contract, have your connection fee, rental and cease charges refunded.
This will allow you to go back to O2 or BE, or Sky (either should get you back your old ADSL2+ speeds).

Ade

vDSL2 FTTC Infinity with BT
DL Sync 80Mbps
UL Sync 20Mbps
Standard User Annemt
(newbie) Sun 20-May-12 23:44:57
Print Post

Hi thank you for your help i do think i can get out of the contract ,i would keep it if bt would reduce the charges for the product, failing that because i cannot get a satisfactory answer from bt i was thinking of taking the matter to the small claims court and asking for compensation, nothing ventured nothing gained because bt india is like banging your head against a brick wall i cant leave it so i think i might email mr livingson if you have his address .Regards Anne .sorry i saw you have given his email in previous post Anne

Edited by Annemt (Sun 20-May-12 23:49:12)

Standard User new2fibre
(newbie) Mon 21-May-12 10:36:02
Print Post

[re: Annemt] [link to this post]

Hi Anne, I am in a similar situation as I recently had fibre installed with an expected speed of 10 MB but ever since the installation it's been stuck at 3 MB. Apparently I'm 1.2 miles from the cabinet even though there is a cabinet only 0.6 mile away. I'm not an IT expert so I don't know if it's possible to tweak the line or if the distance is ultimately preventing a higher speed.

It is really frustrating as I moved to BT Fibre in order to get a much faster connection for working from home. I am sure that someone from BT will contact you on here so that they can investigate. A forum member from BT contacted me last week and I completed the contact forum late on Friday afternoon so I am hoping to hear back from them. If all else fails though, it seems as though you should be able to cancel if the speed is under 50%. I think if the service is only a certain percentage of the expected speed, the monthly cost should reflect this percentage. I received the first bill for the service a couple of days after installation - if the broadband service was as fast as the invoice issuing I'd be very happy! I don't intend to pay the first bill until the speed improves though!

Edited by new2fibre (Mon 21-May-12 10:40:32)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-May-12 12:12:23
Print Post

Email the CEO now please, stop feeling sorry for your self and be a little pro-active.

Do this and you will get the result you want, moaning on here will get you nowhere.

BT Infinity
ROUTER:-Netgear WNDR37AV
JDSU Stats
Attainable 94040D 34659U
Sync 79999D 20000U
Attenuation: 10.1 SNR: 16.2
Line Length 300meters
ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Mon 21-May-12 19:57:20
Print Post

Hi Anne,

I would like to take a look at your connection for you. Please could you send me in your details using http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

Cheers

Paddy
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User adebov
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 21-May-12 20:12:25
Print Post

[email protected]

I'd give BT_Care chance (as they've picked up your plight in this post) to look at this first (although if the line is too long for Infinity the only help they may be able to offer is to get you out of your contract and to have Infinity removed from the line, so you can go back to ADSL2+).

Note; if your exchange is suitable, BT may be able to offer you an ADSL2+ product.
It won't be as good as O2's product (mainly because of the stupid way BT manages lines and IP profiles - they call it "DLM", I call it something totally different wink).

Ade

DL Sync 80Mbps
UL Sync 20Mbps
Standard User qasdfdsaq
(member) Mon 21-May-12 20:44:01
Print Post

Could you post your proper line stats please.

Those look like attenuation figures, not SNR.

Your line when connected will connect at the maximum speed it is capable of, so on install day will be the highest speed (12mb). DLM will reduce it if it sees instability, i.e. a lot of errors or disconnects. Rebooting your modem counts as a disconnection.
Standard User adebov
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 21-May-12 21:10:24
Print Post

[re: qasdfdsaq] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by qasdfdsaq:
Could you post your proper line stats please.

Those look like attenuation figures, not SNR.

Only available by hacking the Openreach modem (and I wouldn't recommend that if the customer is in the middle of trying to get out of contract, due to speeds being so much lower than estimated)

Ade

DL Sync 80Mbps
UL Sync 20Mbps
Standard User qasdfdsaq
(member) Mon 21-May-12 21:12:05
Print Post

Attenuation figures aren't available without a hacked or alternative modem either, so the OP's presumably has access to one or the other...
Standard User Annemt
(newbie) Wed 23-May-12 00:33:36
Print Post

[re: new2fibre] [link to this post]

Hello i sympathise with you, the thing that annoys me the most is the lack of communication , i say broadband not fast enough i get calls asking me if its improved any as if magically it will fix itself, trying to explain anything technical is a nightmare, if i knew then what i know now i would not have touched bt with a 10ft bargepole but i dont hold out much hope for you or i to get any better speeds but i do think bt should be held to account, got an appointment with litigation solicitor next week i wll see what she has to say.Regards Anne
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to