User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Annemt
(newbie) Sun 10-Jun-12 23:21:41
Print Post

Re: Fttc Speed

[re: Annemt] [link to this post]

hi can anybody decipher these line stats
http://s1171.photobucket.com/albums/r542/annemt1/
i would be very gratefull for any info you can give me
Thanks Anne
Standard User DrDeath
(member) Mon 11-Jun-12 01:13:09
Print Post

In reply to a post by Annemt:
http://s1171.photobucket.com/albums/r542/annemt1/
i would be very gratefull for any info you can give me
Thanks Anne

According to that your line should be perfectly capable of getting 10-12Mbps.

Why its connecting at only 3.4Mbps is very odd. The attenuation is low enough for 10+. Something is defiantly a miss. The target SNR must be set really high ? No idea. But i would say its defiantly a "fault" so to speak, and not just "your line is too long deal with it" type of situation.

Keep pestering until you get them to fix it for you.

In fact the modem its self is saying that it should be able to connect at a speed of 11.89Mbps. So why isn't it ?

Did you mess about with the modem a lot after it was installed. Turning it on and off and pulling the line out forcing it to re-sync many times ? This will make the cab think that you have a fault and lower your connection speed to attempt to compensate.

_ _ _ _ _
Stage one: Signed up for pipex 1pm May 31st
Stage two: Received Email verification with order number 6 pm May 31st
Stage three: Sent old 56k modem off to pipex by special delivery June 1st 10:30 am
Stage four Received Email Telling me login details have been sent 1st class, and activation within 10 working days prior to firther line tests smile 13:30 Thur 6th June
Stage Five ACTIVATED june 11th 6 days early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DrDeath (Mon 11-Jun-12 01:18:41)

Standard User Bald_Eagle1
(committed) Mon 11-Jun-12 07:14:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by Annemt:

That command doesn't actually display attenuation.
You would need xdslcmd info --pbParams to see that.
It may be helpful if you posted those details for us to have a look at.

Your SNR values suggest a higher downstream speed could be achieved, but not much more upstream.

Unusually, your upstream Interleaving is ON (at a low level) & Downstream is OFF.
It is usually the other way round.

If your stats have always looked like this, it could suggest you are a long way from the cabinet, or you have a physical repairable problem somewhere.

Any idea of distance from the cabinet that you are actually connected to?

Does the modem resync regularly of its own accord?
This again would suggest physical problems.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Malwaremike
(member) Mon 11-Jun-12 10:07:40
Print Post

Sorry to hear of your problem Anne, but sit down, have a cup of tea and listen to the posters here. Many of us have been on this road and this is the best site I know for finding solutions.

You're wasting time and money on a solicitor, and the small claims court may give you short shrift. You MUST follow the complaints procedure laid down in the ISP conditions. That means a complaint setting out your problem in factual terms, with dates of phone calls etc. Send it recorded delivery to the address in the conditions, or to the head office.

It may take eight weeks to grind through the procedures, and only then will the watchdog take up the complaint on your behalf: see http://www.cisas.org.uk/ also see http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/help/successful-br...
Standard User Annemt
(newbie) Mon 11-Jun-12 10:57:28
Print Post

[re: DrDeath] [link to this post]

Hi no i didnt touch the modem untill the speed dropped like a stone .my line runs through some trees and the trees are growing through the drop wire . who do i pester to get it fixed? because i have tried every which way but loose Thanks again Anne
Standard User Cottee55
(newbie) Mon 11-Jun-12 15:09:00
Print Post

I have the same issue as you but its with the upload speed on mine, I have tried everything I have even emailed the CEO but I have still not got any help. Basically because the computer tells them my lines not capable of any more they won't do anything. Even though I have had two engineers visits and both say my upload is capped but they can't do anything, so if you find away to resolve your issue please let us know as I have given up.
Standard User Annemt
(newbie) Sun 17-Jun-12 22:05:44
Print Post

[re: Cottee55] [link to this post]

Hi all Just an update ,BT called me today and arranged an engineer for tomorrow fingers crossed Anne
Standard User Annemt
(newbie) Wed 11-Jul-12 21:17:54
Print Post

Hi all sorry not updated ,BT engineer came and said speed was in the poles changed some cabel and said speed should improve but it hasnt. so i dont know what else i can do (well i do but it will cost me a lot of money) Regards Anne
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 11-Jul-12 22:06:24
Print Post

Did he phone through to control for a line reset?

It is likely that a "banded profile" had been applied automatically by the DLM system, because of huge numbers of errors. As well as fixing the cable fault, he needed to phone to get that banding removed.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User Annemt
(newbie) Wed 11-Jul-12 23:52:10
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi he said he did when i rang him the next day, he said the speed was showing in the overhead line so it is there but not in my house ?so where is it going perhaps a crafty squirrel has got his own little Fttc connection in the trees..lol
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to