User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Squirrel
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-May-12 11:38:30
Print Post

Re: Is support for BT Infinity UK based or foreign ?

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
In reply to a post by orly:
In reply to a post by bilbo8:
Im asking you guys who have signed up for infinity, if a problem arises , is the BT support now 100% UK based or is it overseas ?

Its in Mumbai, Berkshire.

NO it is not.

As I have already said, and you have ignored, residential is overseas but business is UK based.

Did you even read the response or do you really think that Mumbai is in Berkshire. If so, remind me never to get in your taxi !!! smile

Standard User MHC
(legend) Wed 30-May-12 12:21:58
Print Post

[re: Squirrel] [link to this post]

I interpreted that on the basis that some of the customer support operators, whilst based in India, choose to have "English" names and try to give the impression they are in the UK.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User Squirrel
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-May-12 12:41:19
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
I interpreted that on the basis that some of the customer support operators, whilst based in India, choose to have "English" names and try to give the impression they are in the UK.

Good point, very good point and the one thing that annoys me above everything else. Even my own company's internal helpline is based in India and they do it too.

Nothing worse than ringing them (have to be right at the bottom of the barrel though first), or them ringing you, and the first thing you hear, in a clear Indian accent is "Hello, my name is Tim" or "Hello, my name is Fiona"

It's like a red rag to a bull to me smile

My most recent encounter, I managed to set up the "wrong" type of account. Rang the Helpline

Them: Hello, my name is Fiona, how can I help you
Me: I have a problem with my xxxxx account
Them: what is your id file called
Me: I don't have one, that is the problem I have
Them: Ok, one minute, papers rustling, then silence, then
Them: what is your id file called !!!!!!

Clearly we couldn't progress to Q2 until they had the expected answer to Q1

I politely hung up and deleted the account frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Brugie
(learned) Wed 30-May-12 13:41:50
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
When I phone support, I speak to India. And very good they are too.

I have to agree with this
On the one time my speed went from 70Mbps to 50Mbps for 2 days, I spoke to a lady in India whom was very helpfull.
Went through some tests and then decideded the line had degraded and would get Openreach to sort it in a couple of days.
In 2 days the line was indeed sorted and I even got a call from BT in the UK to check everything was running ok now.
So no problem as far as I am concerned
Standard User hareng
(regular) Wed 30-May-12 15:50:05
Print Post

[re: bilbo8] [link to this post]

I did speak to presumably Doncaster when vigorously intending to cancel.
Stated reasons why like your own and reached stalemate, she then gave me a UK Call Centre number not listed. Also stated you can request a call back from a UK service centre when speaking with India.
Few weeks passed, i rang that number and it turns out to be a global number. They go to any lengths just to collar you then retain you.
Since passed 12 mid day the day before connection i would have had to cough up 18 months line rental, phone and Infinity 2, over £800.

Four days in to migration tried the Indian support, believe it or not i didnt have to go through the regime of unplugging and making sure everything connected etc. Will see if he was true to his word in 2 days.

Pretty much same as me youve been lied to Bil, there is UK support but whether you actually get to speak to them is highly remote. All the numbers are global initially may connect to UK then upon selecting options inevitably end up foreign India or SA. Just request a call back from UK support.
Standard User bilbo8
(experienced) Thu 31-May-12 22:33:31
Print Post

[re: StephenTodd] [link to this post]

I had been with BT before and the customer support was absolutely shocking. It was obviously indian based and I couldnt understand a word they were saying , nor could they understand me.What really annoys me is that the guy who cold called me was lying. By ringing me at home its obvious I am not a prospective business customer and that if I agreed to a contract then it would be residential ....and that means indian based support. I expect those type of lies and untruths from unscrupulous companies out there, but Im surprised to see BT doing the same thing to be honest.

Happy anywhere, as long as it ISNT talk talk.

Edited by bilbo8 (Thu 31-May-12 22:41:16)

Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Thu 31-May-12 22:50:32
Print Post

[re: hareng] [link to this post]

I just write straight into head office. Usually gets things sorted.
Standard User StephenTodd
(member) Thu 31-May-12 22:55:48
Print Post

It may be that BT used some third party to drum up custom on its behalf, and that the third party was not as scrupulous as they should have been. BT should still be responsible in such a situation, but ....

Very much the the same happens with government (central and regional) departments contracting things out and pretending they are not responsible for the results.

Happy BE user for several years
Standard User orly
(knowledge is power) Fri 01-Jun-12 10:34:03
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
UK call staff seem to not understand the concept of 'the customer is always right.'

Because the concept is complete nonsense.

---
> Comparison chart of FTTC ISPs
> Got FTTC? Complete the survey

BT Infinity 8th July 2010
(NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
Speedtest Tracking
Standard User bilbo8
(experienced) Fri 01-Jun-12 19:28:36
Print Post

Cold Call BT guy phoned me back today

Well I never, Cold Call BT guy actually rang me back on the day he said he would !! I told him id looked into infinity and that business users had the luxury of uk support , whereas residential users were stuck with indian call centers. He was adamant that residentials had UK support , I said every web source contradicted him and that if he thought I would sign up that he was wasting his time. I wouldnt touch any company whose support was indian / south african with a 50 foot pole and background research underlines that this is the right attitude to adopt. O2 LLU are top notch and if it aint broke.............................................

Happy anywhere, as long as it ISNT talk talk.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to