User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User SteveADSL
(learned) Fri 29-Jun-12 12:00:05
Print Post

Re: Anyone having issues tonight/thismorning?

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
More a case of I cannot find where I filed the bookmark!

As for TfL, I wondered why their emails had stopped and teh mail provider I was using had marked their server as a source of Spam! And my Oystercard can be £200/month.

Heh, do you work for BT? You are very defensive of them, for the record I'm actually very happy with the service I've received with Infinity 2 on the whole. This thread was about a particular issue, and it's in the nature of humans that I don't come on here to say how great I think infinity is mostly. They get my money every month, they don't need my praises here too.

If you have to find an old bookmark and can't easily just find the page again..... perhaps it's location is a little more obscure than it ought to be? Which prompts the question, why is that?

And sure, I've no doubt you can spend 1,000 a month on oyster, but you dont have to, all I'm saying is that they get about a fiver a month of me for when i go to some place i can't park or if i'm on the pi**, and I get updates from them anyway. Spam is in the eye of the beholder in many cases, my view is that it's anything where they get money if you say yes tongue. Information about a service you are already paying for is not in my view spam, YMMV.
Standard User nredwood
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Jun-12 12:02:47
Print Post

[re: StephenTodd] [link to this post]

I tend to check the outage notifications for other BT based ISP's e.g.

http://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/

BT Service Status here
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15036/

There are also the BT newsgroups and the BT service status line

Most sites during the outage were unreachable. I have no problem with maintenance having to be done and it being scheduled outside peak hours, but I would expect more redundancy and resiliency from an ISP as large as BT. MY partner wanted a couple of quick games on BF3 and was not able to

I was a bit annoyed as I am on the Fibre Home Phone trial and my broadband with BE is supposed to continue working alongside. However BT have put in a cease order on the PSTN side in error and I have no BE broadband until that is sorted out. Normally I'd have just swapped back over to the BE line

Be* Unlimited
Standard User MHC
(legend) Fri 29-Jun-12 12:18:07
Print Post

[re: SteveADSL] [link to this post]

No, I am actually doing some work that competes with BT! But I do know the organisation quite well.

I agree about spam but if your email provider decides that a block of 1000 emails arriving at the same time, all saying very little and giving a link is spam, then there is nothing you can do about it. At one time, Amazon were being blocked all over the place, just because of their mass mailings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User StephenTodd
(member) Fri 29-Jun-12 12:51:38
Print Post

[re: nredwood] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nredwood:
I tend to check the outage notifications for other BT based ISP's e.g.

http://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/

BT Service Status here
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15036/

There are also the BT newsgroups and the BT service status line

Thanks Nicola. I'll try the Zen one, thought I'm not sure how to sort out the BT relevant information. The BT one you point at only seems to include current and recent past (unless right now they don't plan any maintenance at all). By the time something happens and you can't see the site anyway, they admit that they had planned it in advance.

--
Moved (with trepidation) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.
Standard User nredwood
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Jun-12 12:56:06
Print Post

I was on BT 3 years prior to migrating to BE and BT were notorious for doing things like this back then, so no surprise that nothing has changed there

news.btinternet.com does come in handy for service announcements, but as you say no good if you cannot get to them at the time of the outage

Be* Unlimited
Standard User StephenTodd
(member) Fri 29-Jun-12 13:06:50
Print Post

I hadn't heard of news.btinternet.com. Looks as if it is down anyway (not just me: http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/news.btintern...

--
Moved (with trepidation) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.
Standard User nredwood
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Jun-12 13:19:58
Print Post

It's a newsserver, so only accessible via a NNTP client

http://btybb.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/67...

bt.broadband.announce is the one used for service announcements

Info is still very vague though

Be* Unlimited

Edited by nredwood (Fri 29-Jun-12 13:21:02)

Standard User blinky
(committed) Fri 29-Jun-12 15:54:47
Print Post

I came across this when Googling some of the information from the Zen outage page. It's a PowerPoint detailing some planned engineering works by BTWholesale at the moment.
Standard User RobFlet
(experienced) Fri 29-Jun-12 16:24:56
Print Post

[re: blinky] [link to this post]

Interesting ... slide 6 looks like one of the culprits for last nights activity ... the status pages at entanet also talk about doing BRAS software fixes last night.

Ta

Rob

1999 Freeserve Dial up --> Freeserve Anytime ---> 2005 Wanadoo 512k BB ---> Jul 2009 Orange up 8 Megs(hah!) --> Nov 2009 O2 LLU -> Nov 2011 BT Infinity( getting 64 megs now on ethernet via TPlink homeplug 200's)

Dual Yamaha AW16G user using MIDI MMC for 16 tracks
Red5Audio Microphones

FujiFilm HS-10 User
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to