User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 28-Jul-12 20:38:21
Print Post

Re: ADSL2+ upgrade

[re: Stanman_24] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Stanman_24:
looks like your isp has set it on as diagnostic profile
Can you explain what that means?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 28-Jul-12 21:41:21
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Comprehensive Diagnostic Profile reagent rotor used with the VetScan Chemistry Analyzer utilizes dry and
liquid reagents to provide in vitro quantitative determinations of alanine aminotransferase (ALT), albumin (ALB), alkaline
phosphatase (ALP), amylase (AMY) total calcium (CA++), creatinine (CRE), globulin* (GLOB), glucose (GLU), phosphorus
(PHOS), potassium (K+), sodium (NA+), total bilirubin (TBIL), total protein (TP), and urea nitrogen (BUN) in heparinized
whole blood, heparinized plasma, or serum.
Alternatively:-
The ADDL Diagnostic Forum introduces a new feature entitled "Diagnostic Profiles" in this issue. The intent will be to suggest a panel of diagnostics which will be appropriate and helpful in defining the cause of non-specific disease syndromes. Practitioners are often presented with patients having clinical signs which fall into a general category of disease that may represent one of a number of specific conditions and may result from various etiologies. Approaching a differential diagnosis simultaneously with multiple testing modalities should expedite determination of a definitive diagnosis.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User MHC
(legend) Sat 28-Jul-12 22:35:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Comprehensive Diagnostic Profile reagent rotor used with the VetScan Chemistry Analyzer utilizes dry and
liquid reagents to provide in vitro quantitative determinations of alanine aminotransferase (ALT), albumin (ALB), alkaline
phosphatase (ALP), amylase (AMY) total calcium (CA++), creatinine (CRE), globulin* (GLOB), glucose (GLU), phosphorus
(PHOS), potassium (K+), sodium (NA+), total bilirubin (TBIL), total protein (TP), and urea nitrogen (BUN) in heparinized
whole blood, heparinized plasma, or serum.
Alternatively:-
The ADDL Diagnostic Forum introduces a new feature entitled "Diagnostic Profiles" in this issue. The intent will be to suggest a panel of diagnostics which will be appropriate and helpful in defining the cause of non-specific disease syndromes. Practitioners are often presented with patients having clinical signs which fall into a general category of disease that may represent one of a number of specific conditions and may result from various etiologies. Approaching a differential diagnosis simultaneously with multiple testing modalities should expedite determination of a definitive diagnosis.

Have you been on the brown lemonade again? Or was it too much Sanatogen?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 28-Jul-12 22:43:59
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

I just googled "diagnostic profile", in case there was a BT Wholesale DLM setting I wasn't aware of. From the myriad results, those two early ones seemed as good as any smile.

I didn't see a BTW one, still reeling in shock - look at the final sentence of the second one! I like the alliteration though.

White lemonade tonight. Unfortunately not of the fizzy variety.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 28-Jul-12 22:44:45)

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 29-Jul-12 09:02:59
Print Post

Noise margin (Down/Up) 31.6 dB / 32.3 dB

Looks like a hard capped profile to me, I notice that the OP didn't get back to us on the stats from the test socket, or what the previous sync rate was.

I wonder if it was just set up wrong to start with, nice short line, G.DMT will cope with something unfiltered, and the OP was never aware of an issue. The 21cn stuff is far more fussy, hence the uber-low sync.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 29-Jul-12 09:15:47
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Yes that's what I thought too, hence my request for the IP Profile from the OP.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User flippery
(regular) Sun 29-Jul-12 10:44:02
Print Post

I understand that an MSAN can have noise spikes induced within the signal. Also that they are less tolerant of noise. Previous post seems to concur.
That the MSAN has been introduced, not necessarily for extra speed capability, but more to do with the Multi Signal Capability.
Given this, is it not possible that false positives can be obtained and speed Cap introduced.
Does it mean that a MSAN can magnify a problem that exists and tolerated by DSLAM.
My technical knowledge is limited and this may not be the place to air the questiion.
However, I find that the first point of blame by ISP is noise.
Standard User WestBrom
(newbie) Sun 29-Jul-12 11:00:21
Print Post

Unfortunately, whenever I try the test I always get:

The system is currently busy. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider
Standard User WestBrom
(newbie) Sun 29-Jul-12 11:10:48
Print Post

I tried a quiet line test but there was no noise whatsoever.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 29-Jul-12 11:25:19
Print Post

[re: WestBrom] [link to this post]

Are those all the stats available from the HH3 or are there more?
Maybe including "rate attainable"?

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to