User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Sep-12 21:00:56
Print Post

Re: Thinking of Joining

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
That WBC DLM/Profiling has been completely replaced, for ADSLx as well as FTTC. The new one is great, with automatic lowering of noise margins to 3dB on good lines, and instantaneous profile changes to 88.2% of the new sync.

It can't be any worse.

i still don't think it is that great for people with long lines, my next door neighbour still gets a rubbish speed, both sides and they are both using BT.

Please don't go like some of the permanent complainers. Your complaint was valid at the time, but as advice for new joiners is just completely irrelevant and confuses the issue.

Going by the speed both of my neighbours get I think it is still relevant.
You took a heck of a lot of convincing to go to LLU! I for one, and there were several others, put in a huge amount of effort to give you the courage to do it. IIRC it took us a year or so!

it was not a year and the only reason I did not want to go to LLU was because of the hassle people had going back if things went wrong. I know it took me a while, but it normally does for me to try something.

Strange that it did not take me long to decide to drop fixed line broadband.

We are trying to help people decide on the currently available products. Your valid criticism of older products is not helpful to the people we are trying to help - in the same way as we helped you to do the right thing. Do you think we would we now try to convince someone else to do the opposite unless something had radically changed?

i understand, but as i said above from what I have seen, nothing have improved for people with longer lines. Could be different FTTC, one of my next door neighbours will be going for FTTC, the other won't so I expect I will hear if they have any problems.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 23-Sep-12 21:05:31
Print Post

Re: Thinking of Joining

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
They 100% offer 80/20

It's offered on their website. Here's a screenshot.
http://i47.tinypic.com/11c8ql5.png

There's a number to call etc too. It's totally unlimited with no restrictions on vpn, p2p, torrents etc.

Here's a speedtest I just did. It's via wifi using the sky router so would be better via ethernet no doubt http://www.speedtest.net/result/2195361751.png

That is using Wi-fi? good grief. that is a fair bit of speed,

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to