User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Sun 20-Jan-13 15:02:26
Print Post

Re: BT Smart Talk

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Tried today ... won't be using it again. Terrible echo, hate hearing an echo of myself.

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 20-Jan-13 15:04:22
Print Post

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

Was that android or iOS?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Sun 20-Jan-13 15:05:19
Print Post

iFone 4 iOS 6

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 20-Jan-13 15:16:22
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew. But that's a bit poor really. It should have an exit option in the context menu.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 20-Jan-13 15:34:34
Print Post

No such problems on my 4S

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Sun 20-Jan-13 16:02:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by 5km:
Tried today ... won't be using it again. Terrible echo, hate hearing an echo of myself.

Local or remote echo? Almost all phones/networks have a degree of local echo - except primarily N America.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 20-Jan-13 16:33:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
It's just the way apps work http://androidforums.com/desire-support-troubleshoot...
Nope.

Well - it may be how they do work, but isn't how they should work.

I've just read that whole thread, and basically the general opinion seems to be that the app writer should code in an exit button.

My beef is not that SmartTalk sits in the background, like every other app until sideswiped. It is the BabyTalk handset symbol it leaves on the notification bar - for no useful purpose whatsoever - even after being side-swiped.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sun 20-Jan-13 17:07:40
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
My beef is not that SmartTalk sits in the background, like every other app until sideswiped. It is the BabyTalk handset symbol it leaves on the notification bar - for no useful purpose whatsoever - even after being side-swiped.

Benefit of Android - its open, any app can do what it likes. Downside, any app can do what it likes smile

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Estimate 44.6/6.5 - Install 52/12 - Actual 46 / 8 Mbps
Huawei VDSL -> Draytek router -> Apple Airport Extreme -> Belkin Switch -> Windows/Mac/Linux/NAS/Phone
13 years of broadband - 1999 ntl:(512k/1M)/BTbusiness(2M)/Metronet(2M)/Bulldog(8M/16M)/BE(19M/16M)/BT FTTC(46M)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 20-Jan-13 20:57:12
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Can't say its an option I've seen or at least noticed on apps in iOS and Android

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 20-Jan-13 21:43:05
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I think I've seen a couple with it. (Android). Maybe not. As I said though, that doesn't really bother me. The background or sideswipe to get rid is fine by me.

What isn't fine is it leaves a handset icon at the top left of the screen even after a sideswipe, so it isn't even supposed to be suspended. It should be as if it wasn't called into play.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to