User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User fernandez
(committed) Thu 28-Mar-13 12:56:05
Print Post

Re:A royal [removed by tbb]

[re: BT_Care] [link to this post]

An update - not happy reading......

All orders were confirmed as being cancelled.
I was told the equipment *may* still arrive but they would send a jiffy bag for their return.

Yes the orders were cancelled including delivery of the equipment
BUT
BT didn't inform Openreach (or whoever is responsible) not to disconnect me from my current ISP and not to connect to BT broadband
The result is that a BT broadband service is live (and won't be cancelled until April 5th) but I don't have a Homehub and so cannot connect to the internet

To cut a very long story short after literally hours on the phone - to date 23 calls- they have agreed to send me a Homehub (which should arrive by April 2nd), have assured me that all orders are cancelled and that BT broadband will no longer be on my line from April 5th.
I have lodged a complaint and asked for compensation for the disruption to services and the hassle and stress this situation has caused

Posted from a friends PC

Edited by MrSaffron (Thu 28-Mar-13 15:56:33)

Standard User ryant704
(regular) Thu 28-Mar-13 13:10:15
Print Post

[re: fernandez] [link to this post]

What router do you have?

Edited by MrSaffron (Thu 28-Mar-13 15:57:56)

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 28-Mar-13 13:20:53
Print Post

In reply to a post by fernandez:
The result is that a BT broadband service is live (and won't be cancelled until April 5th) but I don't have a Homehub and so cannot connect to the internet

Why not?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Edited by MrSaffron (Thu 28-Mar-13 15:56:54)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fernandez
(committed) Thu 28-Mar-13 15:46:19
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
In reply to a post by fernandez:

Why not?

Because I was previously with BE, have a Technicolor T582n (BeBox) and have no idea how to configure it for BT

Edited by MrSaffron (Thu 28-Mar-13 15:57:37)

Standard User ryant704
(regular) Thu 28-Mar-13 16:04:12
Print Post

Re:A royal, sorry hehe

You only need to change the details for the PPPoA connection. You should change them to this... though I can't guide you how as I have no knowledge of the router.

Username: [email protected]
Password: BT
Standard User StephenTodd
(committed) Thu 28-Mar-13 16:36:30
Print Post

Because I was previously with BE, have a Technicolor T582n (BeBox) Fine to tide you over till the HomeHub comes, but don't forget BE will charge you a silly amount for it if you don't return it fairly promptly.

--
Moved (with trepidation turned relief) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 28-Mar-13 16:46:04
Print Post

[re: StephenTodd] [link to this post]

I read it as though he will be back with his original provider after BT is removed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User StephenTodd
(committed) Thu 28-Mar-13 16:51:39
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

I read it as though he will be back with his original provider after BT is removed. Sorry, you are quite right, missed that ~~ improper memory of the earlier part of the thread.

--
Moved (with trepidation turned relief) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 29-Mar-13 01:18:49
Print Post

[re: ryant704] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ryant704:
You only need to change the details for the PPPoA connection. You should change them to this... though I can't guide you how as I have no knowledge of the router.

Username: [email protected]
Password: BT
I believe the BeBox is locked down.

The password for BT connections isn't needed unless the router won't accept a blank.

That username looks odd to me, but I could be wrong. Maybe it's as irrelevant as the password apart from the router wanting an entry.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 29-Mar-13 01:21:02)

Standard User ryant704
(regular) Fri 29-Mar-13 01:55:33
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

You only need the @btbroadband.com you may not even need that anymore. It can be anything before it...

The password can be anything as well, though some Exchanges require a password. Maybe 20CN, never bothered to look into it.

Edited by ryant704 (Fri 29-Mar-13 01:59:32)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to