User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User fernandez
(committed) Fri 29-Mar-13 10:35:01
Print Post

Re:A royal, sorry hehe

[re: ryant704] [link to this post]

A further update - deeper into the mire

I'm back on the net...but who knows??
When I came home last night (I'd been at a friends using her internet) I found that a neighbour had taken delivery of the following:
BT HomeHub
BT Vision+ box
BT Youview box
Powerline adaptors
Bear in mind that all of these were cancelled and that the original delivery dates had been given as either 25/03, 26/03 or 27/03
In desperation I connected the HomeHub and voila I'm back on the net.
Yesterday morning I was told by a BT advisor that no broadband connec tion was active on my line and by advisor 2 that there was a broadband connection but that it would be cancelled on April 5th

I was then told that because it was active but that I not received a HomeHub that another one would be sent for delivery on April 2nd and that when the servce ceased on April 5th to return the HomeHub in the jiffy bag that they would provide.
On checking the MyBT site it states: "No broadband in this account"
Meanwhile it also states for BTVision
Your activation date
Activation Date
Up to midnight
Fri 05 Apr
In Progress

I never ordered BTVision at any point it was always Youview

Go figure!!!!!
So, I can expect another (at least one) HumeHub on April 2nd and probably another BTVision box and another Youview box and Poweerline adaptors.
I have, according to BT, no internet connection but I obviously have as I am using it now.
There is also the fact that when/if all this is sorted I need to return all of the equipment.
Now considering that I don't drive or have a car and that the nearest Post Office is over a mile away I shall need to arrange for someone else to do this for me.

To preserve my sanity I am reluctant to call BT again and will just wait and see what happens.
If anyone can provide ideas/solutions/make sense of all this please let me know.
Standard User ian_c
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Mar-13 10:44:39
Print Post

[re: fernandez] [link to this post]

I think your error as trying to sort things out wink

I took the calculated gamble to let things ride when it looked like my order was going skewiff (intending to cancel if it got worse).

Turned out nobody had told the installer (a very practical-minded ex-Army chap) who arrived and said - well, I'll install the kit and if it works it works, if not I'll put you back on the copper.

It worked.

Phew!

Standard User ryant704
(regular) Fri 29-Mar-13 11:06:20
Print Post

[re: ian_c] [link to this post]

I would contact bt care from page 1, they will be able to tell you what actually is going on regards to your account/order.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fernandez
(committed) Fri 29-Mar-13 11:09:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by ian_c:
I think your error as trying to sort things out wink

I took the calculated gamble to let things ride when it looked like my order was going skewiff (intending to cancel if it got worse).

Turned out nobody had told the installer (a very practical-minded ex-Army chap) who arrived and said - well, I'll install the kit and if it works it works, if not I'll put you back on the copper.

It worked.

Phew!

What was I supposed to do?
BT admitted that the order had been 'lost in the system' but still managed to disconnect me from BE and connect me to BT - but remember that MyBT says that there is NO internet connection on this line.
BTW it's not Infinity so no installation is involved

Meantime none of this solves anything, BT Customer Services are useless and I been advised to consider Trading Standards and/or ASA (Advertising Standards Authority)
Standard User ryant704
(regular) Fri 29-Mar-13 11:12:54
Print Post

Contacting trading standards/ASA won't do anything, it will be based on just a clerk messing up an order. Your best option would be to send the case to Ofcom, I know there are many others who have the same experience as you. Then Ofcom will look into it if there is enough evidence/reports to be worried about, they will take action.
Standard User fernandez
(committed) Fri 29-Mar-13 11:20:08
Print Post

Yes. you're right of course Ofcom is the better option
Standard User fernandez
(committed) Fri 29-Mar-13 11:27:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by ryant704:
I would contact bt care from page 1, they will be able to tell you what actually is going on regards to your account/order.
[/quote

Been through that.
The case is now referred to the BT Online Support Centre and I have been advised that someone (named person) will call me about this]

I've also had two emails advising that the following services will stop on 26/03/2013
These services will stop on 26 Mar 2013:

BT Vision

And these services will also stop:

BT Vision - PPV

BT Vision Default - PPV

BT Vision - PVR

BT Vision PVR

BT Vision Essential

and
These services will stop on 26 Mar 2013:

Broadband

BT Vision

And these services will also stop:

Line Rental Saver

BT Vision - PPV

BT Vision Default - PPV

BT Vision - PVR

BT Vision PVR

BT Vision Essential

You might need to return some BT kit. If so, we'll send you a returns bag soon.

Gets no better!!!!!!
Standard User ian_c
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Mar-13 12:59:46
Print Post

Yes, I :get that. I was fortunate.

My hunch is that the core problem is with Openreach, an organisation with the communication ability of an aardvark with Alzheimer's.

They patently fibbed to the BT Retail person about extra work being needed (presumably trying to manage workflow (or move a job into the new financial year, perhaps)), rescheduling the activation - but then forgot to tell their own installer, who turned up and did the job anyway.

BT needs a radical restructure to come kicking and screaming into the mid-1990s.

Standard User fernandez
(committed) Fri 29-Mar-13 21:59:32
Print Post

BT Customer Services forum mod team have now taken 'ownership' of the problem.
I had a call tonight and will be called back on Tuesday (by the same named person) after further investigations have taken place.
So, hopefully, this "shambles" may be on the way to being sorted
Standard User ian_c
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Mar-13 22:10:34
Print Post

Good to hear - hope it gets sorted - it is worth it (so far anyway!)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to