User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 21-Sep-13 16:38:32
Print Post

Re: Infinity 1 kit delivery

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
But Openreach can slow down the necessary staff reductions once the commercial rollout is finished, possibly saving on redundancy payments or short-term contract buy-outs, whilst being able to impose a full callout charge for home wiring faults. Win-win.

Ha, yes, and many ISPs will either not offer it, or add a serious markup. Be interesting to see if BTO makes money on it smile

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/8 - Sync 50 / 9 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest

Edited by jchamier (Sat 21-Sep-13 16:38:46)

Standard User John_ON
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-Sep-13 11:45:33
Print Post

[re: systemx] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by systemx:
I'd put money on you getting a home hub as well as the BT Infinity welcome pack. so you will have a spare.

Regrettably, no. Just an ethernet patch lead and a guide showing what the modem lights mean.

On the plus side, at least there isn't a CD for the engineer to insist he has to use smile

John.

RouterStatsHub Beta Line monitoring tool for the Home Hub 3

ISP:BT (4.5Mbps)

Edited by John_ON (Tue 24-Sep-13 11:49:16)

Standard User systemx
(experienced) Tue 24-Sep-13 12:31:11
Print Post

[re: John_ON] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by John_ON:
I'd put money on you getting a home hub as well as the BT Infinity welcome pack. so you will have a spare.

Regrettably, no. Just an ethernet patch lead and a guide showing what the modem lights mean.

On the plus side, at least there isn't a CD for the engineer to insist he has to use smile

John.

How unlucky. I am shocked and stunned that an ISP would be that organised not to just send out the standard kit.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 24-Sep-13 20:38:02
Print Post

[re: systemx] [link to this post]

How unlucky. I am shocked and stunned that an ISP would be that organised not to just send out the standard kit.

They do charge (around £7) for p&p for the weight of the HH3, so I assume John wasn't charged either.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/8 - Sync 50 / 9 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Sep-13 13:54:20
Print Post

On the plus side, at least there isn't a CD for the engineer to insist he has to use

Trust me, if you get an FTTC installer who thinks that they need to install the CD, kick 'em out, it must clearly be their very first job ! wink

Standard User John_ON
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-Sep-13 09:19:02
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
On the plus side, at least there isn't a CD for the engineer to insist he has to use

Trust me, if you get an FTTC installer who thinks that they need to install the CD, kick 'em out, it must clearly be their very first job ! wink

Well, he's due after 1pm today so I'm hoping it goes smoothly. The master socket currently has an ADSLNation XTE Faceplate. Hopefully, the engineer will change that to one of the BT type but, other than that, the existing HomeHub is about 2 feet away from the master socket and there's a spare power socket.

I don't know about configuring the HomeHub but the wiring changes at the 'house end' should take him about 3 minutes!

John.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-Sep-13 10:30:08
Print Post

That should be a tickle then. Once the VDSL modem is fitted (ask them to wall mount it), then it's just the supplied ethernet lead from the VDSL modem to the existing hub.

How come I never get these installs ? Mine always have a 'and fix line fault' with them, or punter want's it in the most inconvenient place. Comme toujours.

Standard User John_ON
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-Sep-13 13:59:43
Print Post

That should be a tickle then. Once the VDSL modem is fitted (ask them to wall mount it), then it's just the supplied ethernet lead from the VDSL modem to the existing hub.

How come I never get these installs ? Mine always have a 'and fix line fault' with them, or punter want's it in the most inconvenient place. Comme toujours.

Arrived 13:15
Left about 13:35

Pocketed my ADSLNation faceplate too!

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2993147632

John.

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-Sep-13 15:58:37
Print Post

Pocketed my ADSLNation faceplate too!

When my FTTC was installed the engineer asked if I had bought the faceplate and when I said yes he left it behind (and as it was only a couple of months old I would not have been happy if he had taken it).
Standard User burakkucat
(experienced) Thu 26-Sep-13 17:23:11
Print Post

Why? Because you have the knowledge, experience and ability to 'do it right', that's why! tongue

100% Linux and, previously, Unix.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to