User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 27-Sep-13 13:25:59
Print Post

Re: Infinity 1 kit delivery

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Are they fitting Interstitial faceplates? if so it was probably much easier for the installer to leave the existing filtered faceplate in place rather than possibly rewire extensions to a NTE5A and then fit an Interstitial faceplate.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 27-Sep-13 13:42:22
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Urm what cash?

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 27-Sep-13 13:44:18
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/faceplate/

Yes new design is interstitial, so swapping would mean changing wiring and putting a new bottom half on too.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 27-Sep-13 13:46:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

His salary. Engineers are paid to do a full install, not half a job. They should not take old faceplates and put them on Ebay and they should not put new faceplates that should have been installed, on Ebay either.

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 27-Sep-13 14:22:33
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Interstitial plates are only ten quid brand new and the existing filtered faceplate may be better anyway...

Can you prove that allegation that they are putting used filtered faceplates and brand new interstitial plates on ebay?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 27-Sep-13 16:06:23
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Looks like someone is.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 27-Sep-13 18:05:45
Print Post

[re: John_ON] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by John_ON:
I've got a spare 'generic' TG582n which I think can be configured as the router but I can't find any specific details anywhere.

As you're with BT Infinity, its simple. Just plug the ethernet cable from the white modem into the WAN port on the router, and in the router menus set up PPPoE with username: [email protected] and leave the password blank or put a space if the router won't let you save blank.

My ASUS RT-N66U is vastly superior to the horrendous HomeHub 3.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/8 - Sync 50 / 9 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 27-Sep-13 18:07:47
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I don't think generic 582n's have a WAN port. PN have two versions.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 27-Sep-13 18:11:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I don't think generic 582n's have a WAN port. PN have two versions.

Ok, then its useless to John, as no ADSL signal will reach his phone line now.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/8 - Sync 50 / 9 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 27-Sep-13 18:29:51
Print Post

On Amazon So probably safe to suggest this is not just one or two falling out of a toolbox, but someone who is sourcing in bulk from a legit supplier and half the price of ebay.

Given the way BT operate if they thought engineers were making a pretty penny from selling faceplates i.e. stealing from BT then they would be ending contracts and calling in the police.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to