User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 27-Sep-13 18:48:52
Print Post

Re: Infinity 1 kit delivery

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The question remains why did he take it?
In reply to a post by John_ON:
Pocketed my ADSLNation faceplate too!

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 27-Sep-13 19:02:17
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

If this style
http://www.tandyonline.co.uk/nte-2005-master-facepla...
then perfectly reasonable to have assumed it was a BT installed one.

If this style
http://www.tandyonline.co.uk/xte-2005-master-facepla...
then should not have taken it, as that style has never been used by BT. Poster is at liberty to report it to ISP who can pass it on to Openreach.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 27-Sep-13 19:11:34
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The OP already mentioned his "ADSLNation XTE Faceplate"

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 27-Sep-13 19:20:26
Print Post

Cannot keep track of everything in a day smile

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User David_W
(experienced) Fri 27-Sep-13 19:38:44
Print Post

He likely took it to discard it in the same way other obsolete equipment is discarded.

The BT Openreach engineer who installed my FTTC took the modified faceplate filter I bought from Clarity, and I expect a perfectly good filter landed up in the scrap bin. I could have stopped him by pointing out it was a modified version that was clearly my property, but I couldn't be bothered. He'd been neat, tidy and courteous. He let me take pictures of his JDSU screen showing the line test results, though he did insist on me covering up the logos on the unit itself first. He waited whilst I reconfigured my router and assured him all was well with the connection. Mine was the first FTTC installation he'd done that didn't involve a BT Home Hub or similar router - in my case the modem connects to a dedicated VLAN on my network and the router is a rack mount server running pfSense in another building, connected to this one via a couple of Gigabit fibres.

I finished up with a working installation. The engineer went by the book, scrapping the existing NTE5, replacing it with a new IDC NTE5 (sometimes called a CTE5) and interstitial filter. He moved my extensions to the faceplate of the new NTE5 and insisted on testing them. I have nothing to complain about.

I probably should have a spare filter, but the interstitial filters aren't expensive. When I get round to it, I'll buy one for my spares box.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 27-Sep-13 19:40:25
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

My engineer handed me the old Openreach faceplate saying it was mine.

Standard User The_Voyager
(committed) Sat 28-Sep-13 08:22:02
Print Post

[re: John_ON] [link to this post]

I had mine installed nearly 2 years ago and I still have my ADSL Nation faceplate fitted, all he did was open it up to check that the wiring was correct, he may have removed the bell wire if it had been connected in the first place. Somewhere I still have my original BT filtered faceplate from when I had Home Highway replaced by ADSL.

Bob WRBRIX
BT Infinity 2 - Fritz! 7390 ~ Sync 79.99/20 Mbits Actual 76.27/19.69 Mbits @ 320m
DialUp to CIX, BT Home Highway+CIX, ADSL1 Nildram, ADSL2 SKY & Be*Unlimited
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to